Problems receiving GPS on version 8.172.0 — TomTom Community

Problems receiving GPS on version 8.172.0

NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 162 [Supreme Navigator]
Hello moderators,
I used beta 8.172.0 and noticed that there were problems with GPS reception and also that the arrow was often gray and was often out of the way.
I had these issues on a route I take every day that I didn't have with other versions.
Good day

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,689 Moderator
    Hello @Narmonono

You must've already checked this but any chance the battery-saving mode was on?

Best, lampard
  • NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 162 [Supreme Navigator]
    Thank you for your answer.
    Yes everything is checked.
    In fact AmiGo works but not as well as before (before last beta version).
    AmiGo loses the gps position more often or the icon is often next to the road or has trouble finding its position when you open amigo.
    Hey @Narmonono

Thanks for confirming it! Is this only happening only on Android Auto or the App screen as well (when not connected)?

Best, lampard
    Hello,
    The problem happens on the car screen with Android auto but I don't know if it also happens on the phone screen when you are not using Android auto to connect the phone to the car.
    I have noticed that the problem occurs when AmiGo / phone has bad gps reception.
    But with the older versions there was no such problem.
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 160 [Exalted Navigator]
    Just recieved 8.173.
    Maybe gps issue is fixed?
    Personally never had gps issues with my setup.
    Hi @Narmonono

I have not heard any such report with the latest beta. Although, there is a similar issue with GO Navigation for Xiaomi devices when using Android Auto. Issue reported to google.

Few of the users solved this by disabling the battery saving mode forGO Navigation app. Also, the advice is to keep the app open on the phone while running on the head unit.

Best, lampard
    Hello and thank you for the feedback.
    Hope this problem can be solved.
    Good day