Why TomTom go doesn't work with AmiGO? — TomTom Community

Why TomTom go doesn't work with AmiGO?

AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
I have a question or a suggestion not sure if possible but an answer would be appreciated

In Amigo we can report few things (ex traffic , accident)
Can Tomtom go pull the data updated from Amigo
So if there's a report of accident in Amigo that report updates Tomtom go for tomtom go users to be aware of it

Collaboration between Amigo and tomtom go apps

Is this possible

Comments

• dezmodezmo Posts: 83 [Revered Navigator]
    I don't think it is possible. TomTom current concept/company policy/decision does not allow to use other map but the NDS.
    Even if the free map is obviously better than the overrated and over-advertised, but basicity wrong NDS maps.
    The maps with the current TomTom Go Navigation for android is started from scratch at the last year and the quality and coverage is far away from what was included in the 1.8xx versions.
  • AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    But isn't Amigo owned by Tomtom the same company or is it different?
  • dezmodezmo Posts: 83 [Revered Navigator]
    AmirMhmd wrote: »
    But isn't Amigo owned by Tomtom the same company or is it different?

Yea, both owned by TomTom International BV.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=9210967624282537513

• Marek_MkZMarek_MkZ Posts: 67 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hmm it is really completely not understandable why pay apk doesn't have all functionalities or at least comparable to free one. Usually pay apk has all from free plus something more which is worth to pay. Moreover TT loses feedback about road conditions from users of TTGo where it is not possible to report anything but speed cameras. Once I've asked for such functionality in TTGo but the answer was that I can use AmiGo which is not the case for me because I want to have offline maps, route bar and line guidance, also using AmiGo on top of TTGo makes no sense to me - it is really not comfortable to use two apk for very similar purpose, and it takes much more resources. Please TomTom reconsider TTGo apk development.
  • AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I love tomtom go for all it's features but what I'm trying to understand is
    Why have 2 apps built when you can combine the apps or give the premium (tomtom go) access to the updates that community report in Amigo
    Why would you purchase subscription of ttg when you get more in free version Amigo
    It's very inconvenient to have two apps that do same purpose as you mentioned @marekbz
    Sometimes when I'm going to work on motorway I open tomtom go on my android auto in the car then on my phone open Amigo or Waze for the community reports
    I know it's just so inconvenient but unfortunately no other option

We pay for ttg subscription but get more from Amigo and on top we don't get regular map updates on ttg

• jacare60jacare60 Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    You are right @AmirMhmd, and I also don't understand the delay in map updates on TTGo. In the paid app we get less information besides the map being outdated compared to the free app.

The difference is the offline maps and it is not possible that they don't find a way to update more frequently and thus justify paying for TTGo.

The weekly changes make minor changes but not significant corrections to the map, it has been a long time since the map has had a significant update.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 298 [Exalted Navigator]
    AmirMhmd wrote: »
    I love tomtom go for all it's features but what I'm trying to understand is
    Why have 2 apps built when you can combine the apps or give the premium (tomtom go) access to the updates that community report in Amigo
    Why would you purchase subscription of ttg when you get more in free version Amigo
    It's very inconvenient to have two apps that do same purpose as you mentioned @marekbz
    Sometimes when I'm going to work on motorway I open tomtom go on my android auto in the car then on my phone open Amigo or Waze for the community reports
    I know it's just so inconvenient but unfortunately no other option

We pay for ttg subscription but get more from Amigo and on top we don't get regular map updates on ttg

I also love TT as a whole which is much better than Waze, which is an awful app. Waze is way ahead when it comes to traffic info an certainly with closed roads. I can't the times anymore where TT go and Amigo are giving directions into closed routes. Reporting closed routes via mapshare and/or Amigo are useless efforts since neglected.
    The days that TT was the standard for accurate maps and road info is long past, which is sad.