camper caravan map...plus absolutely abysmal support — TomTom Community

camper caravan map...plus absolutely abysmal support

neilotudor42neilotudor42 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have a Start 50...with sd card.
Whilst connected to my pc thru tomtom drive connect, I purchased the camper caravan map for £79.00
I previously tried to purchase it prior to my sd card being inserted...and it wouldnt allow me to purchase.... two weeks later...i have the sd card inserted...and the map seemed available for download..... so I paid thru paypal...... received payment confirmation via mail...but no instructions or link...and the map download does not appear in the "drive connect " interface.
so..Im presuming its not compatible...??? although i have no clue??
Its almost impossible to speak to a human being...... Covid being the excuse I guess for pi** poor service
Im after a refund..... "contact|" takes you to a chatbot...with the IQ of an amoeba..total waste of time...eventually i get the option of writing a message in the box that will be "passed on to a rep" .... after dutifully writing the message and sending it to the chat box..the reply was..... "try again later" !!

What a farce..... Tom Toms customer service is disgraceful..... Amazon run rings round them..as do practically everyone else...... I shall NEVER be purchasing from them again..... they really don't give a sh** about customers....... happy to take your cash but cant provide a decent service..... FAIL FAIL FAIL

Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,916 [Exalted Pioneer]
    The Camper card is not compatible with the Start 50; you will have been able to verify this with the serial number before purchasing the card.
  • neilotudor42neilotudor42 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited September 18
    mmmm........ at no point was I asked to enter my serial number before making the purchase...and besides...the serial number is logged under my device in the drive connect app!!!!! trying to get a refund is akin to Everton winning the premiere league..... nigh on impossible..simply because you dont get to interact with a human !!! Pathetic
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,275
    Superusers
    edited September 18
    Hi
    @neilotudor42
    As user willy875 has posted, the Start 50 device is NOT compatible with the Camper & Caravan Map
    Start 50 Models....p7fuj6dr95s1.jpg
    If you use the compatibility checker on the Map purchasing site...
    The Start 50 serial number's starting... VG, VJ & VR Devices are not compatible with the Camper/Caravan Map :/
    (Snip) Trying to get a refund is akin to Everton winning the premiere league..... nigh on impossible…simply because you don't get to interact with a human (Snip)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

ATB YFM