TomTom Rider 550 - POIs and BMPs — TomTom Community

TomTom Rider 550 - POIs and BMPs

maddscotmaddscot Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
I recently uploaded a *.OV2 file that contained the POIs for Harley dealers, and the related *.BMPs. It seems the OV2 file uploaded but I cannot figure out how to upload the associated BMP file. When I go to file explorer I can see the TomTom Rider and Internal and SD card however it does not show any maps, and the only folders that show are shown below. Not sure what I am doing wrong or if it is even capable of doing what I ask... Not a big deal as I can create my own via MyDrive, but seems I should be able to import them easily enough. My Garmin I can see all folders including maps, data, bitmaps (BMP) etc.hh63ea549wgu.jpg

Best Answer

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    edited September 14 Accepted Answer
    this is the method for itin and gpx with the explorers

vcnz16vppmbx.png

You do everything well the OV2 are imported by my drive into the GPS and it is only once in the GPS that you can associate an icon (there are 5 icons in the GPS to choose no more) if you decide to '' display the poi on the map

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    edited September 14 Accepted Answer
    this is the method for itin and gpx with the explorers

vcnz16vppmbx.png

You do everything well the OV2 are imported by my drive into the GPS and it is only once in the GPS that you can associate an icon (there are 5 icons in the GPS to choose no more) if you decide to '' display the poi on the map

• maddscotmaddscot Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, so it seems I did not get any option to select a icon for the POIs I imported, but perhaps I can change them once imported. This answers my question.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,303
    Superusers
    Hi
    @maddscot
    Welcome to the site....
    Further Info maybe Useful....
    Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

For More Info, See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1730281/#Comment_1730281

Stay Safe... ATB YFM