Add a Place using map

smartcooky
smartcooky Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
I am trying to add a place to My Places but the rural address does not come up when typing. This is because rural addresses here do not use house numbers. Instead they use a Rural Property Number, which is a number on the property letterbox allocated by its distance from the beginning of the intersection that the road began at eg. 73 Jones Road is 73 metres form the intersection, 1800 Smith Road is 1.8 km from the intersection. Postal, Courier and Emergency services all use these numbers but they do not come up in AmiGO

It there any way to use a map to add an address to My Places?
Tagged:

Comments

• smartcooky
    Apprentice Seeker
    I think I might have asked this question in the wrong place. I have the AmiGO app, not Navigation APP

I will go ask over there
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,960
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi @smartcooky

Does the following work with the Android App as this works on the IOS version.

Press for about a second on the screen at the position you wish to save. A marker appears which will have address information for the position on it and 3 vertical dots plus the option to plan a route to it . Tap the 3 Dots and a sub menu appears which offers Add to My Places.

Doug
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,315
    Community Manager
    If I tap and hold on the map I get the option to save a location.
  • smartcooky
    Apprentice Seeker
    This works.

It doesn't always give the exact correct address, as in the number is incorrect, but if you zoom in far enough when you create the place, and then drive the route, AmiGo will take you right to the front gate

Thank you very much.

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,960
    Superuser
    Hi @smartcooky

Don't know if this is of interest. I have the IOS version of the Amigo App and it works with Mapcodes.

If you download the Mapcode App to your phone if you put the map in Hybrid mode you can move around the map and place the cursor over a specific position and get a Mapcode. So for example if you input the Mapcode GBR X30.6CM in the Amigo Search you can get directions to the entry to the Dover Docks for the ferries. The mapcodes are accurate enough to pick out a parking space in a Car park.

Doug