TOM TOM RUNNER 3 BLANK SCREEN

micheller
micheller Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
HELP!!!!

My tom tom runner3 i have reset and switched off and on.

No display on screen but works when i push on button.

has anyone had this issue?

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    If a factory rest does not help it may be a dead screen. Try a recovery reset and if that does not work contact Support if it is under warranty still. If not, you are out of luck and need to look for a new device (from a different brand as TT Sports went out of business well over a year ago).

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed. If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for Sports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in Sports Connect.
  • Ann1977
    Ann1977 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    same issue here with the spark. Were you able to resolve the problem? I tried every reset, but no help... Screen keeps falling out...
  • hartree
    hartree Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Have the same problem here on my Runner 3, blank screen with light and vibration still working, but no data displayed, surely the screen is dead, incredible that no fix is possible and no service is offered by Tom Tom, time to switch to another sport watch and brand I'm afraid.
  • TDE
    TDE Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Absolute bag of rubbish - 18 months old watch and just packed up one day without warning - Have tried absolutely everything to get this factory reset to work but although it connects in Reset mode it just crashes and tells me to try and re-connect

Shame as i liked the watch, it did what i needed, i could see the numerals displayed even with my old age knackered eyes, it was lightweight and handy

With Tom Tom support non existent i'll never buy ANY TT product again

Gone back to Suunto, 10 leagues above for sure :-(
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    TDE wrote: »
    Absolute bag of rubbish - 18 months old watch and just packed up one day without warning - Have tried absolutely everything to get this factory reset to work but although it connects in Reset mode it just crashes and tells me to try and re-connect

Shame as i liked the watch, it did what i needed, i could see the numerals displayed even with my old age knackered eyes, it was lightweight and handy

With Tom Tom support non existent i'll never buy ANY TT product again

Gone back to Suunto, 10 leagues above for sure :-(

TT Sports went out of business almost 4 years ago so you bought a watch that had been discontinued for 2 years already. Support is limited as the products are obsolete and end of life as well as due to COVIS issues. As far as Suunto, these watches were never even in the same ballpark as Suunto devices intentionally. They were budget devices without the feature set of a much higher priced Suunto. You also might want to look at Garmin as they have better watches at a better price point.