Error- No map update found. Try again

JanCIR
JanCIR Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
Tried to download map for Netherlands, and reply was no map found??

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,064
    Hi @JanCIR
    Welcome to the community!
    Did you see this error after installing the map?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • JanCIR
    Apprentice Seeker
    No, it did not install the map, I noticed that the map for Netherlands was marked as 0.8 MB and startede a download, but at the end of download it came with the Error message.
  • JanCIR
    Apprentice Seeker
    044fofvmo8ba.jpg
    8p4plop51rpi.jpg

This is what it does
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,064
    Hi @JanCIR
    Thanks for the sharing the screenshot,.
    This is a known issue and our team is already looking into it (Ticket ref- NDSIMP-4736)

Will keep you posted with any updates as they come...

Regards,
    Vikram
  • JanCIR
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram
    Thanks for your Quick response, hopefully there willbe an update soon, since i am travelling to Holland in 14 days😁
  • SwissZulu
    SwissZulu Registered Users Posts: 12
    Master Explorer
    This problem not only concerns the map for the Netherlands and it's not a problem for all handys. Here's my post:

With my HTC U11 dual sim (android 9) it's not possible to add any maps. When I try to add a new map it says: Karten-Update nicht gefunden. Bitte versuchen Sie es noch einmal. It seems the map is being downloaded, the circle rotates 360° but then comes the above message. I tried it again and again but I always get the same message and all I have now is the map of Switzerland that came with installing the app. I also have uninstalled en reinstalled the app without any improvement. On my old (reserve) handy, a Sony Xperia Z3 I have no such problems.
  • SwissZulu
    Master Explorer
    And I leave for Holland tomorrow :s
  • SwissZulu
    Master Explorer
    Possibly the problem lies in installing the map and not in downloading the map.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,308
    Community Manager
    Can you quit the app and re-start it, then try again? I just removed and re-downloaded the Netherlands. I was shown an incorrect size of 0.1 MB for the download but the map installed fine.
  • sholm
    sholm Registered Users Posts: 40
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Hello Jürgen!
    Could you please solve the map problem for Germany as well?
    North West and East
  • SwissZulu
    Master Explorer
    Hi Jürgen, I just tried, but it's still the same. 0.1 MB is what it shows me too.
  • SwissZulu
    Master Explorer
    But it's not just the Netherlands map. I can't install any additional map. I only have the Swiss map that came during the original app installation.
  • SwissZulu
    Master Explorer
    Yesterday I arrived in Holland and I tried to download and install of aditional maps again. This time it succeeded and I could install all the necessary maps. Now I'm unsure why it succeeded. Either a TomTom-person solved the problem or the fact that I did the download inside Holland caused the success. Jürgen, please give us your opinion.
  • sholm
    sholm Registered Users Posts: 40
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Just to let you know.
    Yesterday I was able to get Germany North West, so now all my maps are in place :)