Online when Internet through wifi is interupted

2»

Comments

• szachowa
    szachowa TomTom Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    mvanheesch wrote: »
    Hi @szachowa,

Any update yet?
    I follow the iphone traffic issues as well and it really looks very similar. People already have issues for a very long time and still no fix....

I am very curious when TomTom will start take this traffic issue seriously.

We take it very seriously.

We plan to implement fist additional logging to be able to investigate this issue. Without being able to reproduce it and without logs, we are unable to develop fix for it.

I'm very sorry for inconvenience.
  • Oceansielu
    Oceansielu Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Traveler
    I don't know if it can be related but when I start tomtom in an underground parking (a place with no signal) the same icon appears (obvious), but when I go outside and drive for about 20 minutes, the icon does not dissapear and I see no traffic info.
    It seems that tomtom does not try to reconnect if you open it and it has no connetion to tomtom services for the first time.
  • Marek_MkZ
    Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 87
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Oceansielu wrote: »
    I don't know if it can be related but when I start tomtom in an underground parking (a place with no signal) the same icon appears (obvious), but when I go outside and drive for about 20 minutes, the icon does not dissapear and I see no traffic info.
    It seems that tomtom does not try to reconnect if you open it and it has no connetion to tomtom services for the first time.

I confirm that for latest beta - and I want also add that this problem seems to occur only on start of apk. When phone losses internet connection during navigation icon appears but when internet connection is restored also traffic is back. At least that were my observations.
  • Oceansielu
    Oceansielu Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes, it seems that only happens when starting the apk, when phone losses connection during navigation it is working fine.
  • mvanheesch
    mvanheesch Registered Users Posts: 22
    Outstanding Explorer
    I have checked this yesterday and looks indeed the issue here as well. My TomTom Go starts automatically when AA wireless is connected. It could be that the car at that moment (e-sim hotspot) doesn't have Internet access het as it is setting up the connection with the provider.
    Yesterday I started TomTom on the phone before getting in the car and I had traffic info all the way.
  • mvanheesch
    Outstanding Explorer
    Unfortunately the same issue again today, even after starting the app before connecting to the car hotspot. So I didn't see it yesterday or I had a lucky day.
    It started with traffic, but after about 5.minutes the TomTom online is disconnected.
    I even tried forcing TomTom to use 4G (using the Android settings), but that didn't help as well.
  • szachowa
    szachowa TomTom Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    I received query from the team to collect AppID for all users who face this issue.

Please share your AppIDs (can be found in about screen, just tap it to copy it to clipboard). IDs can be shared via private message to me.
  • mvanheesch
    Outstanding Explorer
    Hi @szachowa ,

Shared via private message.
  • mvanheesch
    Outstanding Explorer
    Hi @szachowa,

is there any update after providing the AppID?
    It is very silent regarding this issue...

For the similar problem on iPhone I read that the issue seems fixed after the latest release.
    Any idea already when this issue will be fixed for the Android users?