live traffic — TomTom Community

live traffic

why is my 6200 go live traffic not working when i have life time traffic?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,278
    Superusers
    Hi
    @eliclem-1966
    Welcome to the site....
    GPRS SIM connection on the Tomtom Live devices....
    There are 3 Data connection options that can have a higher/priority/override the Built-in GPRS SIM....
    To check the Data Connection status....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About…
    Scroll down to Data Connection & GPRS Status....
    What does the device report...???
    Is the GPRS Status... Connected ???

Further Info...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1752190/#Comment_1752190

Note... Australia & Switzerland have ended the 2G phone services so no GPRS SIM signal....

Tomtom video shows what you can do when the Traffic services are not working on your navigation device....

Be aware that a Live Device... The SIM card is automatically deactivated if the Live Traffic on the device has NOT been used for 18 months....
    Tomtom sends emails to the affected users and give 28 days notice before deactivating the SIM card... in the above circumstance the deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • halo572halo572 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited September 1
    Because their traffic products are faulty and it is something to do with the sim card in them.

It gets disconnected and you are left with a GPS with no services. You as the user have done nothing and you as the user can do nothing.

The best you can hope for is a youtube video that doesn't help you and complete mystification over a problem that many people are reporting on these forums.

Mine has been out 6 weeks now and I can get no help at all other than 'we will do something' and 'watch this youtube video that won't help you'.

Just trying to talk to my credit card now, I want my money back.

I only come back to compile more evidence that the products are faulty, of which there is a profusion.
  • nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    you have tried resetting your device
  • GeoWiGeoWi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    That video above resolved my trouble with disconnected traffic services. Thank you.