Traffic not working

Comments

• strickers
    strickers Registered Users Posts: 25
    Master Explorer
    I can confirm (subject to further testing) that using a VPN works. I’d ring Three myself but I can’t see myself getting anywhere. Either TomTom needs to fix this or they need to state that it’s not compatible with Three UK.
  • ColinLa
    ColinLa Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    In case it helps anyone, i can confirm that by creating a VPN to home so that my iPhone internet access is effectively using my home wired broadband service/carrier (rather than Telstra AUS mobile carrier 3G or 4G) - that TomTomGO Traffic works. This is just a workaround to the underlying issue of how TomTom communicates.
    Looking forward to a app update that resolves this long running issue.
  • Intranets
    Intranets Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    Traffic has been working all week.
    Still on the three network. Only thing I’ve done is to swap my iPhone se 2020 for a new one
  • CraigS
    CraigS Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
    Just requested a refund, I'll use Waze until it's fixed. I have a VPN and traffic works when I use it, unfortunately CarPlay doesn't and I know which is more important right now. You never know I might fall in love with Waze and leave TomTom having been a user of Navigator 5.2 on a Palm!
  • Marc_Weijmar
    Marc_Weijmar Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Traveler
    I hope there will be a new version of iOS GO by the time iOS 15 is released. It feels like TomTom has been neglecting Apple platform.

Neglecting the community of users…. :/
  • windydcm
    windydcm Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I’m on IOS Beta 15.5 still have the same issue with the voice cutting out. I have also the issue of the online traffic services continually losing connection. Showing the no connection symbol. TomTom need to sort this. I subscribe to the service but I’m not getting the traffic data when driving. I have to resort to use Waze for online traffic data. TomTom please sort this out, I’ve used your products for years but since I moved to the go app. It’s let me down so much recently.
  • lukm
    lukm Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Explorer
    I am also experiencing this issue with Three on 4G. I'm using an iPhone X in the London area, and so far traffic service works on Wifi but not updating on 4G!

From reading the comments is this a network issue with Three then?
  • strickers
    Master Explorer
    lukm wrote: »
    I am also experiencing this issue with Three on 4G. I'm using an iPhone X in the London area, and so far traffic service works on Wifi but not updating on 4G!

It certainly seems like it, Three and other companies that use similar ipv6 implementation. I’ve managed to work around it using a VPN but this involves connecting to CarPlay, starting TomTom, toggling flight mode on and off and then connecting the VPN. Quite frankly I can’t be bothered when Waze is free.
  • lukm
    Master Explorer
    strickers wrote: »

It certainly seems like it, Three and other companies that use similar ipv6 implementation. I’ve managed to work around it using a VPN but this involves connecting to CarPlay, starting TomTom, toggling flight mode on and off and then connecting the VPN. Quite frankly I can’t be bothered when Waze is free.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a practical long term solution tbh. I can't see any comms from TomTom which is irritating, I only renewed my sub. last month, but the app is useless to me without the traffic service. Im trying to find a way to contact support, but can't find it on the website. I'll try applying for a refund, but doubt Ill get one through the App Store.
  • strickers
    Master Explorer

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a practical long term solution tbh. I can't see any comms from TomTom which is irritating, I only renewed my sub. last month, but the app is useless to me without the traffic service. Im trying to find a way to contact support, but can't find it on the website. I'll try applying for a refund, but doubt Ill get one through the App Store.

I filled in the refund form yesterday, credit note arrived today.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204084

• Danbanjo
    Danbanjo Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I’m having a lot of problems with traffic not updating. In the past few weeks. Was never a problem before and thought the app was better than the go model I had before. But now it seems to hardly ever be on.
    Using iPhone 12 on 3 network in UK.
  • lukm
    Master Explorer

I filled in the refund form yesterday, credit note arrived today.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204084

Thanks just did the same.
    Danbanjo wrote: »
    I’m having a lot of problems with traffic not updating. In the past few weeks. Was never a problem before and thought the app was better than the go model I had before. But now it seems to hardly ever be on.
    Using iPhone 12 on 3 network in UK.

Yes, its very annoying. Seems a lot of people on 3 having the same issue. Personally I used it for the traffic service which I found great, but without it there's not much on offer over the free competition. Hopefully they get it fixed.
  • nigelbbb
    nigelbbb Registered Users Posts: 111
    Supreme Navigator
    Intranets wrote: »
    We all seem to be on the 3 network in the uk

I am on 3 & Traffic works OK for me. I have an unlimited everything 12 month contract
  • Intranets
    Apprentice Traveler
    I am still having no issues with traffic. So I don’t know why it is still working.
  • VeitB
    VeitB Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Same here
  • momo24320
    momo24320 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    no update since june tomtom becomes the worst gps 1 year subscription for nothing after long years my subscription ends in october bye bye i'm going elsewhere
  • Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Sadly I agree. A NUMBER of issues have been logged and replicated by TT for months but we have yet to see any improvements. My subscription is up in a couple of weeks and I don’t think its worth updating. They gave us a nice new version last year after years of nothing a couple of modifications that seemed to cause more problems than they helped and for the past several months...nothing.
  • CraigS
    CraigS Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
    nigelbbb wrote: »

I am on 3 & Traffic works OK for me. I have an unlimited everything 12 month contract
    I am still having no issues with traffic. So I don’t know why it is still working.

What iPhones and network are you using?

• nigelbbb
    nigelbbb Registered Users Posts: 111
    Supreme Navigator
    CraigS wrote: »

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max on 3 network.
  • Intranets
    Apprentice Traveler
    CraigS wrote: »

I’m on a iPhone se 2020 on three mobile
    I was on a older iPhone se 2020 on three mobile and it never worked.
    I have just swapped my phone for a new one and used my old sim and it seems to work now
  • loekf
    loekf Registered Users Posts: 64
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    TomTom releases 2.7, so did the fix for traffic actually make it into the build ?

(just asking before I try again in my car)
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,851
    Superuser
    Hi @loekf

Don't know about the traffic issue as mine works okay. Nice to see a Route Bar In CarPlay though.

Doug
  • Rich_O
    Rich_O Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    edited August 2021
    It's been updated.!!

iOs Beta 7 and an Update from Tomtom and it appears to be working perfectly now.. Even with CarPlay.

There's even a map update..

Well done TomTom..
  • Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    WOO HOO! Cant wait to try it on my way home!! Plus the route bar for CarPlay! AMAZING!!!!!
  • Marc_Weijmar
    Marc_Weijmar Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Traveler
    edited August 2021
    Will try. Went on vacation trip for 3 weeks to France (from the Netherlands) and navigation with Apple Maps went perfect to be honest. And Apple Maps is getting better rapidly …

Downloading new maps is taking forever… already downloading for hours… 46% damn what’s this :(
This discussion has been closed.