Strange specific navigation bug — TomTom Community

Strange specific navigation bug

On TomTom Go for iOS (iOS 14.5, map version 15464, app version 2.6.1) the following occurs:

When navigating towards this roundabout I need to go to the second exit (eg. straight ahead). However the app everytime tells me to go right, both in speech and in the direction indication on the blue sign ("right 80 m").

This contradicts the correct route, which is to go straight ahead and use the second exit, which is shown in the cyan route line on the map.

The location of this roundabout is: N383, Marsum, Netherlands. (lat = 53.208075, lon = 5.717587). The exit right towards N31 is apparently not seen as an exit (unless the route is different and I really need to go right).

9j4l8krcelms.png

*note that this is a CarPlay screenshot but also happens on device.

Comments

• eddydceddydc Posts: 298 [Exalted Navigator]
    I have the also issues with the roundabout instructions.
    It says to get left on a roundabout for the x-th exit of a roundabout.
    Going left on a roundabout is illegal in most of the EU countries though. The visualization is correct though.
    In order to prevent confusion, the direction instructions can be omited and remain only the indication of the X-th exit of the roundabout that needs to be taken.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,703 Moderator
    Hi there,

The team is already aware of this issue wherein the app shows to turn left/right when it's straight over the roundabout. I'll post back here once there's an update.

Best, lampard
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 298 [Exalted Navigator]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

The team is already aware of this issue wherein the app shows to turn left/right when it's straight over the roundabout. I'll post back here once there's an update.

Best, lampard

Does this also include the unnecessary/illegal vocal guidance?