How does the sending of the different reports work?

Narmonono
Narmonono Registered Users Posts: 247
Exalted Navigator
Hello moderators,
I wanted to know how the sending of the reports that AmiGo allows to do works.

Do all reports have to be validated by Tomtom after sending, before being displayed on our screens?
Or, as soon as we send a report, it is displayed directly on our screens?
Or does the operation depend on the type of report?

If I ask the question, it is because I have already made reports of work that are still in progress and they still do not appear on AmiGo even after having declared them several times (already brought up this remark).
I also made danger reports but again, nothing was displayed on the screen when I came back a few hours later while the danger was still there.

If there were any differences in the processing of reports depending on which one is used, it would be nice when as a user we know how it works.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Good day

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi @Narmonono

All community reports are moderated internally, sometimes with the aid of confirmations.
    I have already made reports of work that are still in progress and they still do not appear on AmiGO even after having declared them several times (already brought up this remark). I also made danger reports but again, nothing was displayed on the screen when I came back a few hours later while the danger was still there
    If you can provide us with more information, we could try checking these for you. An exact location (Prefer GPS coordinates) of these reports will be nice with the timeline (the day you reported them).

Best, lampard

• Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello,
    I made 2 work reports at these GPS coordinates (47.576198, 6.758209) on Monday August 9 and Tuesday August 10 between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. French time.
    I had also made several danger reports at these coordinates (47.678160, 6.742842), I do not remember what the date is but it was after the new reports appeared on the screen of my car with Android Auto so end of last week or even the beginning of this week.

If necessary, when I get back in the car, can I make a report, noting the time and indicate it here?
    As said in my previous message, I have the impression that sending reports does not work, at least for me!

Regarding how the report sends work, I understand that they are checked internally but I think some reports like probable danger zones, danger reports should appear live on our screens without it being moderated but approved by other users.
    Good day
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello,
    Have you been able to hear from the reports sent?
    Good day
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello moderators,
    I come back to my message because I did not receive an answer and when I make a report like yesterday for work when I come back to the same place 2 hours later, the work is still present but no indications on the screen!
  • lampard
    Hi @Narmonono

We're still collecting the details about the community reports not being reflected on the App.
    when I make a report like yesterday for work when I come back to the same place 2 hours later, the work is still present but no indications on the screen!
    Is it the same location as you mentioned above? Was this a 'Road Construction'?

Best, lampard
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    edited August 2021
    Hello,
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Yes it is the same place but it was not work to build a road but maintenance work with red light of work.
    Today, these works are no longer present.

In any case, on my amigo, I have never had any work indicated on the screen of my car even though I see a lot of them on different types of road.
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello
    Were you able to move forward on my request for reports?

Because even in the last few days, I have come across a lot of jobs that are never indicated on the AmiGo map and when I make a report of these works and that I come back shortly after, there is still no 'indications!

Either there is a bug with AmiGo or the way to manage reports internally at Tomtom does not work well!

It would be really good if we could know what it is about the display of reports because apks like Waze, are much more responsive and direct.
    Good day.
  • lampard
    Hi @Narmonono
    Were you able to move forward on my request for reports?
    Already sent it across.

Our map moderators take time to verify and confirm all the reported data to provide the best user experience. Unfortunately, we can't immediately display all the data that users report as the app could be full of incorrect information.

We are working on shortening the time for the change to appear in the app, however, it will take some time for this feature to be implemented. We highly value our community input so please keep reporting map errors. :)

Best, lampard
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    OK I understand.
    Perhaps it would be necessary for the report as a danger that it be more direct, without going through Tomtom because if there is a danger, the users must be warned immediately.
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello moderators,
    I come back to this idea of ​​making the display of reports on our AmiGo more direct.

Has it been improved?
    Could we imagine that the sending of danger reports, broken down vehicle and radars, is live and not moderated by TT.
    Because if it takes several hours to hope that this is displayed, these reports are useless!
    Good day
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello,
    I come back to my remark to differentiate the sending of reports and their live displays on our screens.
    Yesterday on a road that I take every day, there was a very serious accident, a truck fell from a bridge coming out of a right-angle bend.

So now in addition to the danger of the road, there is the bridge which no longer has its barriers but the public officials have installed concrete blocks to replace the torn barriers. These barriers are now in the middle of the road and therefore also at the exit of the right angle turn.
    Of course all this is announced by road signs but I nevertheless made a danger report in the hope of helping users.
    The problem is, again, the report still doesn't appear on my screen when I walked past a few hours after.

I really think it would be very useful if certain reports like danger, speed cameras and broken down car were sent directly to our screens without going through TT.
    I think users can be trusted to only make useful reports (not like waze which ranks users based on their activity!).

Sorry to have been long but I think the reports are a real driving aid but should be improved in the speed of display.
    Good day
  • lampard
    Hello @Narmonono

The team is well aware of the importance of Community reporting and I think we'll soon be able to provide more information about it. But for now, I don't have the exact timelines behind it.

Best, lampard
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Thank you for your reply.
    The main thing is that AmiGo evolves by listening to its users ! 👍
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    @lampard Just wondering does TomTom Traffic use the API's from cities about construction, roadworks or incidents?

Thanks
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    @lampard Just wondering does TomTom Traffic use the API's from cities about construction, roadworks or incidents?

Thanks

They don't. As said, the (Flemish) government provides all the info navigation tool developers need and TT refuses to use it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    @eddydc The thing is with adding so many API’s 3rd party data may cause issues in maps. It’s not that easy, where you get proof that tomtom not use their data? Does google or apple use it?
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    @eddydc The thing is with adding so many API’s 3rd party data may cause issues in maps. It’s not that easy, where you get proof that tomtom not use their data? Does google or apple use it?

I've a written statement from TomTom that don't use any external data and only trust their selves. I've also a written statement from a data provider, for e.g. traffic during the world championship cycling, that TT is making things impossible and thus can't provide data to them. Google did use that though and as the difference is significant concerning accuracy.
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello moderators,
    I come back to my post of October 27 where I described an accident zone with works and therefore danger that still exists.
    On AmiGo, the danger zone only appeared on AmiGo after about 14 days which seems to me far too long in terms of reactivity for the reports sent by the drivers to be useful and to make the drivers want to send reports. If drivers don't see the result of their report submission, I'm afraid they won't!
    In any case that's what I think when I make reports and that I never see the result, I say that my reports are not useful.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    @eddydc I see, well it seems my area has good traffic coverage and it's mostly good with the traffic incidents as shown on Gov website. Though the providers they use are confidential.

I have reported many construction issues and it was fixed in less than 20 minutes.

I see that a lot of POIs "s are in the wrong spot, so using API from the internet is not good, manual work is the way to go.

TomTom does get some traffic data I think from Apple devices as well, GPSs aren't always right

As a driver, you should be aware of your road conditions and plan ahead.

TomTom has to make this work for offline and online use, also to SDK.

have a great day!

Shawn