Oft-repeated question — TomTom Community

Oft-repeated question

Also, when I am using TOMTOM Discussions, I am asked 5 or 5 times a minute sometimes, how would I rate support.
I have answered, and then ticked not to keep asking but it makes no difference.
Does everyone have this problem on this page?

Best Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer

Same for me it's stressful
  • gs2offroadgs2offroad Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    MichaelJH wrote: »
    I see. So why doesn't TOMTOM alter their software so that it doesn't happen? If the question itself annoys people then it has no useful purpose. Is it programmers laziness or incompetence?

Hi @MichaelJH
    My theory is that TT is running off the retail consumer business and cutting related staff and expense. If you read their corporate annual report you will see the TT strategic focus is on automotive location technology for enterprises and the consumer devices business is a small and shrinking part of their business. So I expect limited resources will be applied to improving the retail consumer experience for the foreseeable future.

https://corporate.tomtom.com/static-files/3a1f98bd-39a2-4c13-8ab8-729ae8360890

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer

Same for me it's stressful
  • MichaelJHMichaelJH Posts: 11 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I see. So why doesn't TOMTOM alter their software so that it doesn't happen? If the question itself annoys people then it has no useful purpose. Is it programmers laziness or incompetence?
  • gs2offroadgs2offroad Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    MichaelJH wrote: »

Hi @MichaelJH
    My theory is that TT is running off the retail consumer business and cutting related staff and expense. If you read their corporate annual report you will see the TT strategic focus is on automotive location technology for enterprises and the consumer devices business is a small and shrinking part of their business. So I expect limited resources will be applied to improving the retail consumer experience for the foreseeable future.

https://corporate.tomtom.com/static-files/3a1f98bd-39a2-4c13-8ab8-729ae8360890

• MichaelJHMichaelJH Posts: 11 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks gs2offroad. That figures. They should outsource silly little jobs to people like us B)