Computer voices stopped working while recorded voices still working

gs2offroad
gs2offroad Registered Users Posts: 29
Prominent Wayfarer
On my Rider 550 the computer voices (Samantha, Tom) stopped working but recorded voices still work (Bonnie, Lori). I have tried factory reset and also rest with recovery mode but still none of the computer voices will work. Yes, the volume is turned on. Anyone know how to fix?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,343
     Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @gs2offroad
    Had another go today....
    On my GO Premium, I had the Serena, Malcolm & Jane voices all working OK....
    I checked using MyDrive Connect.... My Content --> My Voices --> 'Add Voices to your device'... Serena, Malcolm were not in the list available to install....
    I always use the Serena Voice, so I deleted Malcolm first, using the new 'Remove 'Content From Your Device' option....
    The Malcolm voice was now listed in the 'Add Voices to your device' install list... So I deleted the Serena voice and the Serena voice was also now listed in the 'Add Voices to your device'
    The Jane voice was still working OK....

Reinstalled the Malcolm voice using MyDrive Connect & My Workaround that allows you to use the MyDrive Connect menu structures on a Wi-Fi Device ....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure.

Using the above method, I reinstalled the Malcolm Voice...
    Tested the Malcolm voice, it was silent, no spoken instructions ???

Reinstalled the Serena Voice, Using the above method,
    After installing the voice, I Tapped 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voices to select the voice, and Serena, Malcolm & Jane were now working normally again :)

ATB YFM
  • gs2offroad
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi @YamFazMan
    Hi @VikramK

On my Rider 550 I deleted Tom (US English computer voice) , added Paulina (Mexico Spanish) and Chantal (Canada French) and Samantha computer voice works again!
    So then I added Tom (US English computer voice) back and he works too!

Unbelieveable!
    Incredible!
    :+1::astonished::heart::smile:
  • RoadRider
    RoadRider Registered Users Posts: 750
    Revered Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    0A1CE1FE-2C90-4DF3-B500-06231E8C4CD9.jpeg.697edd43d7ec5ee9bf8534766edd7679.jpeg
    ;)

Answers

• YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @gs2offroad
    I had exactly the same with my GO Premium with The Serena & Malcolm TTS Computer Voices.....
    I was trying the new 'Remove 'Content From Your Device' option for MyDrive Connect... Therefore, I removed all the voices except for Serena & Malcolm.....
    After the deletion, the Serena & Malcolm Voices were still installed on the device, but both were silent no spoken instructions ???

I tried a Soft reset, a Factory reset and Recovery mode... Serena & Malcolm were still silent :/ so to at least get some spoken driving instructions... I installed one of the free voices, I think it was Jane ???
    (I don't think it matters which voice you choose)....
    After installing the voice, I Tapped 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voices to select the voice, and to my surprise Serena & Malcolm were now working normally ???

I hope this helps... if you still have the TTS Computer voice, installed, Try installing one of the other free recorded voices....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • gs2offroad
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi @YamFazMan
    I also used Remove Content option in MyDrive Connect previously to remove charging stations and excess voices from my device.
    Perhaps there is a bug here?
    I will try adding back some free voices to see if that changes anything.
  • gs2offroad
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi again @YamFazMan
    I added back several voices in English and other languages to my device but computer voices are still silent. Recorded voices do work.

t is interesting that we both had this problem after using Remove Content option. We will see how many more people run into this same issue.

Thanks for trying.
  • gs2offroad
    Prominent Wayfarer
    @VikramK
    I did another factory reset and another recovery mode reset, installed all English voices both recorded and computer TTS types, but my Rider 550 will not play the computer TTS voices (i.e. Samantha,Tom,Serena). The recorded voices do work OK (i.e. Bonnie, Lori, Jane).
    Any ideas on the why recorded voices will function correctly but computer voices will not work and how to fix it?
    This problem began after using the "Remove Content" button on MyDrive Connect.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @gs2offroad
    Had another go today....
    On my GO Premium, I had the Serena, Malcolm & Jane voices all working OK....
    I checked using MyDrive Connect.... My Content --> My Voices --> 'Add Voices to your device'... Serena, Malcolm were not in the list available to install....
    I always use the Serena Voice, so I deleted Malcolm first, using the new 'Remove 'Content From Your Device' option....
    The Malcolm voice was now listed in the 'Add Voices to your device' install list... So I deleted the Serena voice and the Serena voice was also now listed in the 'Add Voices to your device'
    The Jane voice was still working OK....

Reinstalled the Malcolm voice using MyDrive Connect & My Workaround that allows you to use the MyDrive Connect menu structures on a Wi-Fi Device ....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure.

Using the above method, I reinstalled the Malcolm Voice...
    Tested the Malcolm voice, it was silent, no spoken instructions ???

Reinstalled the Serena Voice, Using the above method,
    After installing the voice, I Tapped 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voices to select the voice, and Serena, Malcolm & Jane were now working normally again :)

ATB YFM
  • gs2offroad
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi @YamFazMan
    Hi @VikramK

On my Rider 550 I deleted Tom (US English computer voice) , added Paulina (Mexico Spanish) and Chantal (Canada French) and Samantha computer voice works again!
    So then I added Tom (US English computer voice) back and he works too!

Unbelieveable!
    Incredible!
    :+1::astonished::heart::smile:
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @gs2offroad
    @VikramK
    Glad to see you're sorted, :)
    But there still appears to be a glitch that need correcting, it seems to be stopping the full functionality of the existing and newly installed TTS Computer Voices.....
    but if you install a 2nd Computer voice it appears to fix the problem…..

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • RoadRider
    RoadRider Registered Users Posts: 750
    Revered Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    0A1CE1FE-2C90-4DF3-B500-06231E8C4CD9.jpeg.697edd43d7ec5ee9bf8534766edd7679.jpeg
    ;)