AmiGO 8.0.0 with Android Auto support

13»

Comments

• rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 192
    Exalted Navigator
    edited July 2021
    Latest 8.89 is working worse for me. I get more bugs instead of less.
    When I start in AA, amigo opens and load the map then goes black screen and reboot. Most of the time second boot is good. Also my home adress is deleted when connecting with AA. First route did go well. Second route I didn't get the instruction panel on the left above in AA. I was also not able then to delete the route because there was no ✖ when tapping the screen in AA. I had to unplug and start over again.
  • batedimo
    batedimo Registered Users Posts: 12
    Master Explorer
    I like the app and everything works perfectly. just 10 days ago I've noticed that the speedometer is missing from the screen. Is enyone else having the same issue.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,202
    Community Manager
    batedimo wrote: »
    just 10 days ago I've noticed that the speedometer is missing from the screen. Is enyone else having the same issue.
    If this is with a Xiaomi device, please check the battery saving settings. More: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133666/

• batedimo
    Master Explorer
    I have Samsung s10+
    I've done everything suggested but still no speedometer when using in AA
    It works on my phone :s
  • batedimo
    Master Explorer
    sh4cgfnzxdoa.jpg
  • batedimo
    Master Explorer
    u5oedf35kby6.jpg
    It's back again after today's update
    Thanks
  • jukkap
    jukkap Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have also the same problem as batedimo: speedometer is missing from the screen.
    I am using AmiGO vers. 8.98.0 with Samsung A41 and Android 11.
    What version batedimo you were using when you got it working?
  • batedimo
    Master Explorer
    edited July 2021
    amigo version 8.108.0
    Samsung S10+
    Android 11
  • Gerben321
    Gerben321 Registered Users Posts: 5
    New Seeker
    edited July 2021
    I've tried the AmiGo app, and I think the idea is good. I had major issues with the volume of the voice, so I tried the beta version. This seems to be better, but I still can't use the app in Android Auto.

In Waze, Google Maps, Sygic and Flitsmeister the voice of the navigation is played on a different channel from the music, but with Amigo it's on the same channel as Spotify and such. This means when I drive with low music volume, I cannot hear the voice at all. I have to ride with a high volume to be able to hear the voice.

I really want to try to use this app to get rid of Google Maps, but I just can't. I do really like the trajectory control and messages for speed cameras, but I can't drive somewhere with navigation sadly.

Anything that can be done here? In Flitsmeister I have the option to select which channel the voice etc is played, maybe that's an option here too?
  • NFoDoo
    NFoDoo AmstelveenRegistered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Running latest beta version on moto g6 plus. On phone I can search my contacts buy when connected to Android Auto this does nog work. Is that because of beta version? Option to search contacts is switched on.
  • Taomyn
    Taomyn Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Does "Android Auto" not include the phone app because it just tells me I have no AA compatible application installed (I have removed both GMaps and Waze to test out Amigo). I'm running the beta, v8.118.0 and I have a Pixel 5.

Also, the alert notifications for speeding are coming out of the phone even though it is connected by Bluetooth to my car and the directions plus my podcast app are happily playing through the car speakers. It's even worse because the phone's media volume is set to 100% so that I have full control of the volume through car, so these alerts are extremely loud and irritating. Neither GMaps or Waze, on their own or through Android Auto have this problem, and I see no separate volume controls for notifications.
  • mictie
    mictie Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Seeker
    I get a Blank Map when the App is started from my car (Opel Astra).

Using a Poco F2 Pro, Android 11 stock, AA v 6.7.612934:
    'Auto start' and 'Show on Lock Screen' is enabled / allowed.

Any recommendation?

Thanks!
  • batedimo
    Master Explorer
    I am happy with the last updates like zoom control and different settings but how I can't see the speedometer again. Looks like the screen is overloaded with to much buttons and info so there is no space for the speedometer :/
  • dxg
    dxg Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    batedimo wrote: »
    I am happy with the last updates like zoom control and different settings but how I can't see the speedometer again. Looks like the screen is overloaded with to much buttons and info so there is no space for the speedometer :/

I have the same problem. It will briefly appear while you are entering a destination, but when either just driving along or when using route guidance, there are some new zoom buttons down the right hand side which seem to push it out of the way.

Really frustrating as AmiGo was the best (i.e. most simply communicated via colour) Android Auto option for monitoring speed vs speed limit when cruising around. The same feature in both TomTom Go and Waze is too small to see out the corner of your eye.

I could always use AmiGo's full screen speed display on the phone itself but that means running an additional navigation app on the Android Auto screen as AmiGo won't display to both - unlike, frustratingly, TomTom. And it means turning the phone screen on which rather defeats the point of Android Auto.