Apprentice Seeker
how do i remove my Go Discover from the Click and Go mount

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,944
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Derbyman

Hold the Mount Stem and give the Device a good pull forward at the Top . It is a strong magnet to ensure it stays on the mount during use.

Doug

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/fr-lu/articles/360018204260-Découvrez-GO-Discover

Installation in your car
    Connect one end of the USB cable to the mount, and the other end to the USB car charger.
    Connect the charger to the cigarette lighter on your dashboard.
    Apply pressure to the bracket against the windshield, then turn the base clockwise until the lock engages.
    Install your GO Discover in the mount. A "click" tells you that the device is in place.
    You can also use a dash mount disc (not supplied) to install the mount on your dash.
    For some of our large format GPS it is sometimes necessary to adjust the additional locking mechanism located on the back of the mount.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,900
    Revered Voyager
    The support is magnetized shoot the GPS
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,944
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Derbyman

Hold the Mount Stem and give the Device a good pull forward at the Top . It is a strong magnet to ensure it stays on the mount during use.

Doug
  • Sgt_Pepper2863
    Sgt_Pepper2863 Registered Users Posts: 4
    New Seeker
    Doug, thats best clear advice, the pull forward at the top is key. thanks
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,959
     Superuser
    edited May 31
    Hi
    @Sgt_Pepper2863
    Welcome to the site....
    I find it easier to separate the device from the mount….
    If you grab the device at the top and pull the head unit towards you and downwards at the same time (Like a peeling action)

When I was using an Air vent mount, I also found the Magnetic grab on the mount was far too strong.…
    (I was concerned about the tiny slats in the Air vent)
    I put 2 layers of gaffer tape across the magnet on the mount to reduce the Magnetic grab....
    Use the above at your own discretion....
    I suppose there's a safety concern... If you were involved in an accident having the head unit flying around inside the Car....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM