Blank white Screen in TomTom MyDrive Connect application?

1235»

Answers

• grosvenor326
    grosvenor326 Registered Users Posts: 22
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    I would love to try the support article if only it was there. Using the link takes me back to the support home page and typing in the link address briefly shows the page before going back to support home page. :'(
  • grosvenor326
    grosvenor326 Registered Users Posts: 22
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    edited June 2021
    Eventually found the article by shutting down my PC and rebooting. My drive connect now working and I have my lifetime speed cameras back. :)
  • mcfadyenmike_1
    mcfadyenmike_1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Thanks VikramK @Tom Tom - fixed white screen problem at last! Just in time for my Holiday trip.
  • Tarasc
    Tarasc Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    i have the same problem try going into account settings and you maybe able to update from their
  • terry2
    terry2 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    terry2 wrote: »
    VikramK wrote: »
    @grosvenor326 @flywcm
    Could you try the steps on our support article we created specifically to troubleshoot this issue?
    Thanks,
    Vikram

Tried that and it still didn't work. Still the blank rectangle. ( on Windows 10)

I have tried the uninstall and reinstall many times - still to no effect. Any ideas about what else to try?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    edited July 2021
    Hi
    @terry2
    If I need to Delete MyDrive Connect, I use the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Uninstaller Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The main advantage of using the Revo Uninstaller is that Revo first uninstalls the Program using the Windows default uninstaller ... Then scans and removes any of the leftover files from MyDrive Connect that the default Windows uninstall leaves behind....

Video using the Revo Uninstaller
    Note... The Free & Pro Versions use the same process....

(1)... Using Revo Uninstaller...
    (Revo 1st Stage)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect....
    (Revo 2nd Stage)... Scan for and delete any remaining files found by Revo....
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    (4)... Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

Important >>> NEVER <<< Have your Tomtom device connected to your PC for the following....
    (1)... When installing MyDrive Connect for the first time....
    (2)... When updating the MyDrive Connect program....
    (3)... Uninstalling and reinstalling MyDrive Connect....
    Having your device connected can have negative effect on the installation of the USB drivers....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • terry2
    Apprentice Traveler
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @terry2
    If I need to Delete MyDrive Connect, I use the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    etc

Sigh - well that did not work for me.
    Just to check what is the latest version of mydrive connect?
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited July 2021
    Hi
    @terry2
    MyDrive connect on my Win10 PC is showing v 4.2.12.4202
    Also, I've tidied up the method flow on my previous post for using the Revo uninstaller for deleting MyDrive connect....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Chock
    Chock Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Morning....I have a Mac running Catalina 10.15.7 and when i try to open Mydrive connect i get the window with no content. The app is running in the background and i can access the settings window (4.2.11.4204).
    I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled several times, alos purge the HD of any Tomtom and Mydrive related files. Any suggestions?
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Chock
    Welcome to the site...
    Using Win 10 here... The fix worked for me....
    See VikramK Post (Tomtom Moderator)
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1128412/clean-re-installation-of-mydrive-connect

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Chock
    Chock Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Thanks for the quick reply...unfortunately that didn't help.
  • terry2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi
    @terry2

Hmmmm, the only one that I seem to be able to download is 4.2.11.4200 which is what I gets loaded from the "installing mydrive connect web page" . Where do I find this latest version?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @terry2

When I reloaded MyDrive Connect on my Mac it did not resolve the white screen issue until I turned the Mac Off and On after deleting the old software before trying to reload it again.

Doug
  • terry2
    Apprentice Traveler
    terry2 wrote: »
    Hi
    @terry2

Hmmmm, the only one that I seem to be able to download is 4.2.11.4200 which is what I gets loaded from the "installing mydrive connect web page" . Where do I find this latest version?

forgot to say - this is being downloaded from: https://cdn.sa.services.tomtom.com/static/sa/Windows/InstallTomTomMyDriveConnect.exe

any thoughts?
  • terry2
    Apprentice Traveler
    It is now working with the latest version - but not down to anything I did.

I re-installed the old version and tried it again but this time after a few seconds I got a box appear asking if the display was OK - I pushed the "no" button - and it said a restart was needed - click button to do this. The next time the screen was still blank and again I got the box asking if the display was OK - again I said no. This time it said a new version was required with a button saying "download" so I pressed that and then shortly 12.4210 started and all is working OK.
  • alan smith
    alan smith Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited July 2021
    For the last few days I have been unable to connect with tomtom mydrive connect. I click on the tom tom mydrive connect and all I get is a blank screen with tomtom mydrive connect at the top! Nothing seems to work, ie refresh etc.
  • fala00_un44
    fala00_un44 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    I reported this on 28 June and got the following in a reply from Tom Tom on 29 June:

"We have indicated that the issue you are experiencing while updating your device using MyDrive Connect is a situation we know about and which is under investigation.

We are working on a fix with high priority."

I just tried it today 02 July, and it's not fixed yet. I'm running macOS Catalina.
  • alan smith
    alan smith Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks rider1rider.
  • Nosdivad
    Nosdivad Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    If anyone still has a blank white screen trying to update mydrive connect, I have had a reply on email from TomTom saying they do not have a solution at present and are working on it. This is if deleting everything on your computer and reinstalling does not work.
    Hope this helps
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Update-
    The team has confirmed that a proper fix for this bug has been deployed.
    If you see a white screen, just exit/quit the application and open again.

To quite the application-

Right click the MyDrive Connect icon
    wy5kg9z3ctop.png
    in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click on Quit.

Start MyDrive Connect.
    Windows : Click Start > All Programs > TomTom > MyDrive Connect .
    Macintosh : Double-click MyDriveConnect.app in the Applications folder.

Thank you,
    Vikram
  • Batman_Penguin66
    Batman_Penguin66 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited August 2021
    Tomtom is really starting to suck! I'm ready give up and buy a Garmin. With every smart phone has a free built gps you would think they would work harder to keep us suckers who keep this product on board!