New GO Navigation App [version 3.2.12] — TomTom Community

New GO Navigation App [version 3.2.12]

lampardlampard Posts: 5,709 Moderator
Hello everyone,

Another quick update for the GO app (3.2.12) which is now available to all.

This version mainly includes:
  • Fix for "Remind me later" Issue
  • Minor bug fixes/ improvements

Best, lampard

Comments

• TTukuserTTukuser Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I read that this update has new maps. So, considering the title above, do I need to do an uninstall/reinstall, or will an normal in-place update install work ok?

Cheers
  • MUPMUP Posts: 421 [Supreme Pioneer]
    The App will be upgraded automatically if presented by "Updates" and you press OK.
    The old maps will be deleted after that.
    So you have to download the new maps manually after upgrading.
  • TTukuserTTukuser Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for that.

Just tried it. Yet another update which wont run on my excellent head unit.
  • BoefjeNLBoefjeNL Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    edited August 13
    Forced download this version when started the app this morning.
    This update removedmy maps but didn't add anything new, only existing item is a ferry connection in Greenland. There are no (manual) updates or new maps. Maps have just gone! No streets in the navigation. Any suggestions?
  • BoefjeNLBoefjeNL Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    edited August 13
    Seems that the latest verions has issues. Support confirmed me that. I had to remove the entire app and reinstall it, and had to download all maps again. Result: it works again.
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 163 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited August 14
    I have noticed 2 issues in latest beta:
    The first is still the 'zoom on instruction' is not always working correctly. I still sometimes must switch to overview mode and back to navigation mode to fix this.

Second I use the Belgium voice 'Lucie'. She sometimes cuts off her sentences like this : ... 800 meters turn right instead off After 800 meters turn right.
    Or
    After 200.... turn left instead off After 200 meters turn left.
    I don't see any pattern in it. It's random and not every sentence...but it seems to be the words 'after' and 'meters'.
    The computer voice 'Ellen' is working correctly but she is not so clear and loud as the human voice 'Lucie'.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 298 [Exalted Navigator]
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    I have noticed 2 issues in latest beta:
    The first is still the 'zoom on instruction' is not always working correctly. I still sometimes must switch to overview mode and back to navigation mode to fix this.

Second I use the Belgium voice 'Lucie'. She sometimes cuts off her sentences like this : ... 800 meters turn right instead off After 800 meters turn right.
    Or
    After 200.... turn left instead off After 200 meters turn left.
    I don't see any pattern in it. It's random and not every sentence...but it seems to be the words 'after' and 'meters'.
    The computer voice 'Ellen' is working correctly but she is not so clear and loud as the human voice 'Lucie'.

I can confirm that the zoom (still) doesn't work properly, mainly at the start of a new route. It seemed that it was fixed, but with the newest beta, it doesn't work properly all the time.

I use Ellen, since Lucie isn't a TTS.
    The thing is though that one gets illegal instructions on roundabouts. It says that I need to turn left or go straight and take the Xth exit.
    Roundabouts needs always to be taken on the right hand side (since we, and the most of Europe) drive on the right hand side of the road.
    There is only one exception I know in Flanders/Belgium I know that exits and that's due that one constructed it wrongly and buses - which are the only users - could take the roundabout without accidents and placed 'illegal' traffic signs in order to make it official.

I hope that TT understands that illegal instructions should be fixed asap (for safety, insurance, etc reasons).
    edited August 16
    Another thing I noticed today on the phone and AA. When I go into a tunnel navigation stops...the blue arrow become grey(normal behavior) but I remember my go 6200 still follow in tunnels even without signal to provide instructions on intersections... Is it possible to implent this to in the app? I think its possible because phones also has g sensors etc built in...
    When I'm out the tunnel navigation is recovered within seconds so that's good.
  • GalenjohnGalenjohn Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The problem with permissions for the GPS is still not solved so no GPS data available when using TTGO in Android Auto.
    This is a problem already existing quite a while and is a pain in the butt.
    So with AA one have to use the Amigo app but in areas where there is poor data reception you have no nav at all.
    This is a major bug so why is this problem still existing?
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    Another thing I noticed today on the phone and AA. When I go into a tunnel navigation stops...the blue arrow become grey(normal behavior) but I remember my go 6200 still follow in tunnels even without signal to provide instructions on intersections... Is it possible to implent this to in the app? I think its possible because phones also has g sensors etc built in...

Hi @rabero1985, are you also observing the same behavior when using the app on the phone while not being connected to car head unit?

I'm really surprised that you observe such issue, since we have algorithms for dead reckoning.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 298 [Exalted Navigator]
    @szachowa Meanwhile, can someone do something the I report?
    Or am I put on some kind of silent treatment since none of my genuine questions get response?
    edited August 17
    @szachowa,
    I will try next time with app only and pay extra attention to it. When I occur something I try to take a screenshot or videorecord.
  • Marek_MkZMarek_MkZ Posts: 68 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited August 24
    szachowa wrote: »

Hi @rabero1985, are you also observing the same behavior when using the app on the phone while not being connected to car head unit?

I'm really surprised that you observe such issue, since we have algorithms for dead reckoning.

I think it's rather AA problem (or phone specific - but that would be strange) - I was driving last week through many tunnels (trip from HR to PL) and navigation followed in tunnels - of course with gray arrow - but that was without AA - just on the phone.
    Some remarks after long vacations trip - stability was excellent, everything worked great. But one thing should be improved - when new route proposition is displayed (due to traffic) or I want to omit fragment of the route (ie omit toll road after pressing proper icon on route bar) overview of whole route is displayed which is not proper for long trips (changes are hardly - if at all - visible). Only changed fragment should be displayed to easily inspect changes without need to manual zoom and to look for it. Second thing - ETA calculations are far to optimistic and completely don't take into account speed limits.
  • woutheeswijkwoutheeswijk Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited August 30
    Unfortunately the app does not work anymore on my Sinosmart radio with native android. It works great with TomTom-version 2.0.5 but ever since v3.x.x launched in march ‘21 it freezes on the loading screen and does not boot up with the maps. Is there no more tablet support? Please fix, so I (and others) can upgrade to the latest version.
  • fedepifedepi Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Good morning, I've old version of TomTom Go (1.18.1).
    The last version of map installed on my smartphone is 1070 but on website of TomTom, I read that the last version is 1075.
    TomTom Go 1.18.1 will receive the latest map 1075 or not?
    Thanks
  • sholmsholm Posts: 37 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hello!
    I got the message, that there are mapupdates, and I updated.
    However for Germany there are 2 updates, that I can't get.
    It says "card update not found try again".
    I restarted my mobile, but I seem not to be able to get the 2 of the updates:
    1 Germany Northwest
    2 Germany East.
    @sholm when you received the message of update of maps?
    Hello gedpi!
    I did not receive any messages.
    I just looked, if there were mapupdates, and there were.
    They all got downloaded and installed, just not for 2 parts of Germany.
    I have:
    App-version 3.2.12 (4140)
    Android version 10
    Sorry fedepi
    ;o)
    @sholm but you have the latest version. I've installed version 1.18.1 and the update of maps isn't arrived. I think that this version is old and the support is finished.
    @fedpi so your version is old?
    @sholm yes. Now I've installed 3.2.12 and the update of maps is arrived
    Now I tried to download Germany northwest.
    No luck.
    It said:
    Something went wrong, try again later, and so I will.
    edited August 31
    Routebar is avaible for Apple carplay. So I really hope this solution can be transfered to Android auto. I really hope...

Also à request: would it be possible to connect with calenders to navigate to your appointments like amigo does. I find it very usefull. Would be nice if go has it also.. Thx
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    Routebar is avaible for Apple carplay. So I really hope this solution can be transfered to Android auto. I really hope...

Also à request: would it be possible to connect with calenders to navigate to your appointments like amigo does. I find it very usefull. Would be nice if go has it also.. Thx

I created improvement for us about connecting to calendar events. It is being tracked internally under GONAV-4101.

I also checked what happens if I click an address in Google Calendar, and seems that it opens Google Maps by default. If I disable Google Maps, it will propose MyDrive app and browser. After opening in the browser, it proposed GONAV, but address wasn't recognised.