Mitsubishi Smart Link Navigation Head Unit SOFTWARE UPDATE >2016 — TomTom Community

Mitsubishi Smart Link Navigation Head Unit SOFTWARE UPDATE >2016

btrashguybtrashguy Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
Hi all,

are there any new updates for the Mitsubishi Smart Link Navigation Head Units (SOFTWARE UPDATE, NOT MAPS) after this version?

http://download.tomtom.com/cs/digen/softwares/ttc/R10_11_EU_UPDATE.zip

Thank you and best regards

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,843 Moderator
    Hi @btrashguy
    Welcome to the community!
    We don't directly sell map updates for the Mitsubishi Smart Link through our mapshop.
    I think it's best to contact the car dealer to confirm if a later update package is available.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • btrashguybtrashguy Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @btrashguy
    Welcome to the community!
    We don't directly sell map updates for the Mitsubishi Smart Link through our mapshop.
    I think it's best to contact the car dealer to confirm if a later update package is available.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Hi Vikram,

as stated above i do NOT search for any map updates. In the past software updates have been published on this site:
    https://mitsubishi.navshop.com/downloads/

This is where the software download link from tom tom (http://download.tomtom.com/cs/digen/softwares/ttc/R10_11_EU_UPDATE.zip)
    was provided through NavShop.

As software provider for smart link navigation (indicated by YOU hosting the update on your site) you should be aware which is the last version provided for said device.

Please raise an internal ticket, instead of giving general customer support answers. I don't want to talk to a dealer who is a customer of Mitsubishi who are a customer of YOU. There is several institutions in-between which hinder knowledge transfer just because contractors usually want a customer to pass by and ask for service so they might be able to offer further help against money.

I'm willing to use this information in a Mitsubishi related discussion forum for sharing, so Problem is solved for several other end-customers, too.

I expect you to offer no help because of either internal guidelines or because nobody who bought a vehicle is a direct contractor to Tom tom anyways. I'm just asking because it would be a final and convenient way to receive this information for every customer.

Please raise a ticket.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,843 Moderator
    edited August 18
    Hi @btrashguy
    I never denied that the software and maps are provided by TomTom for your device.

However, we are in contract such that we sell our software, maps and services to the car company, and they then sell it to their customers.
    btrashguy wrote: »

Please raise an internal ticket, instead of giving general customer support answers. I don't want to talk to a dealer who is a customer of Mitsubishi who are a customer of YOU. There is several institutions in-between which hinder knowledge transfer just because contractors usually want a customer to pass by and ask for service so they might be able to offer further help against money.

The website from where you copied the download link (broken) is owned by Mitsubishi.
    There could be various reasons for the link not working. The package may have been replaced, or they haven't updated the website with the correct link.

Since the software is customized to suit the requirement of different models, only Mitsubishi would know which one is compatible for your built-in device.

I am afraid, we can't raise an internal ticket to fix a broken link on a website that's not maintained or managed by TomTom.

Regards,
    Vikram.