New GO Navigation App [version 3.2.5] — TomTom Community

New GO Navigation App [version 3.2.5]

JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,701
Community Manager
We have started rolling out version 3.2.5 to our a small number of Android users.
  • Migration to latest NDS maps enabling monthly full-scope map updates
  • New and improved map style
  • Real-time EV Charging Station Availability now live in select markets
  • Bug fixes and improvements

Update 9 August: We have now rolled out to 100% of users.

Comments

• RedSpecial62RedSpecial62 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Sounds good.. what is the timescale for general roll-out?
  • KarmannKarmann Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    We have started rolling out version 3.2.5 to our a small number of Android users.

Hmmm, I had some problems today at some difficult roundabouts in a city where as a driver you don't have time to look at the map while driving. Fortunately, there was someone sitting next to me who could give me directions by visually following the map.
    Problem: Map and voice prompts did not match at all.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,701
    Community Manager
    Karmann wrote: »
    Which voice were you using? What phone and what OS is this? And can you give an exact junction?

• mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,173 [Revered Voyager]
    • Real-time EV Charging Station Availability now live in select markets
    • Bug fixes and improvements

@Jürgen @szachowa
    Can we already expect positive effects under AA?
  • NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 162 [Supreme Navigator]
    edited August 6
    Hello, With this update, I no longer have the maps that are displayed either on my phone or the screen of my car with Android auto. Good day

Mod edit: Machine translated from French!
    Community Manager
    Narmonono wrote: »
    Hello, With this update, I no longer have the maps that are displayed either on my phone or the screen of my car with Android auto. Good day
    This app version migrates to the latest NDS maps. Therefore you will need to re-download the maps.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 298 [Exalted Navigator]
    This app version migrates to the latest NDS maps. Therefore you will need to re-download the maps.
    [/quote]

But the 0.1 Mb indication bug remains unfortunately. Why is that still not solved?
  • MSP60MSP60 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    I installed the new version as an update through Play Store. I couldn't see a version number. Installation worked and the app asked also to install new maps a you described above. So I guess it is the newest version. But then I got the mesasage that my subscription was expired (App Store: subscription active until july 2022). I tried a couple of things. I tried the restore purchases option but the mesaage I got was that I have no subscription. Then I just tried if restarting the mobile would solve this. Same message after restart. Next I removed the app and did a fresh installation through the app store. It installed 3.1.75, the old version. That worked normal. No subscription problems. After checking this I saw the update option again in the Play Store. The update again installed fine, but I also (again) got the message that my subscription had expired. Did I miss something?
    Community Manager
    @MSP60
    This is strange because a rollback by reinstalling shouldn't be possible. This more sounds like there are two conflicting Google accounts. Can you please try the following to ensure you're installing the app from the correct account?
    1. Uninstall the GO Navigation app.
      (Make sure to first sync Places and Routes with MyDrive.)
    2. In a BROWSER on your desktop, log in to the web interface of Google Play with the account you used to purchase.
    3. Install the GO Navigation app from the web interface to your device.
      Don't use the Play Store app for this, but use the install button and choose your device in the browser.
  • KarmannKarmann Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Karmann wrote: »
    Which voice were you using? What phone and what OS is this? And can you give an exact junction?

I was using Ellen this time, normaly I'm using Xander. My OS Android10 has never been problamatic on any TT beta version with the MotoG8+.
    Looks to me Xander has a more smoother pronunciation in directions, could it be he is quicker, clearer in his directions compared to Ellen.

The difficult Junction Sionwijk-Morinnewijk.
    zmdgw74n7rd4.png
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    Hi @Karmann , about following:

Could you please share some example route that shows described issue in action? How voice prompts didn't match the map?
  • MSP60MSP60 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    @Jürgen: I solved the problem in a different way. I removed the app and was now able to download the newest version directly from the Play Store. Now it works. So whatever went wrong before, happened in the regular update process from the Play Store.
  • MUPMUP Posts: 420 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited August 7
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1764966/#Comment_1764966

@szachowa
    According your comment linked above.
    The mentioned error has been fixed now in this version.
    No silent crashes anymore.
    This app is running abslolutely stable, also while working via AA with no destination set.

Guessing the TT-team has been increased by 100 more devs and a 300 people test-team additionally :)

Many thanks.

Setup:
    • TT Go Navigation 3.2.5
    • Wired by USB to the car
    • Android 11
    • Pixel 4XL
    • Car integrated AA updated in early 2021 by VOLVO
    Community Manager
    MSP60 wrote: »
    @Jürgen: I solved the problem in a different way. I removed the app and was now able to download the newest version directly from the Play Store. Now it works. So whatever went wrong before, happened in the regular update process from the Play Store.
    We have increased the number of users who are offered the new build. You may run into the same issue again since there must be two accounts on Google's side that are conflicting. If you right-click the time stamp of my post with the steps you can copy the URL. Better to bookmark it until Google fixed the account issue.
    Community Manager
    This build is now offered to all users.
  • martin.armstrongmartin.armstrong Posts: 45 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I am using Tomtom with wireless Android Auto and I have the following problems which I have had with previous versions of Tomtom but also with the latest version.
    1. when I have the Tomtom map displayed on the car screen I have the following problem which normally only occurs when it is not actively navigating me to a destination. Every few minutes the car screen goes black for a several seconds except for a short message in the middle of the screen reading "app loading" and then the map reappears.
    2. sometimes during a long journey where Tomtom is actively navigating me, the app suddenly stops navigating me and if I activate tomtom on my phone screen the map has zoomed out completely and shows my destination as a small symbol in the middle of the map of Europe. If I put in the destination afresh on the phone the screen on the phone and the car screen return to the normal zoomed-in navigating map and the active navigation carries on.

TT GO Version 3.2.5 (4133)
    AA Version version 6.7.612924-release
  • lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I have 3.2.5-beta.
    Is it the same as the stable 3.2.5 or should I also receive an update?
    Community Manager
    lluiscn wrote: »
    I have 3.2.5-beta.
    Is it the same as the stable 3.2.5 or should I also receive an update?
    It's the same build.
    Staff
    edited August 9
    I am using Tomtom with wireless Android Auto and I have the following problems which I have had with previous versions of Tomtom but also with the latest version.
    1. when I have the Tomtom map displayed on the car screen I have the following problem which normally only occurs when it is not actively navigating me to a destination. Every few minutes the car screen goes black for a several seconds except for a short message in the middle of the screen reading "app loading" and then the map reappears.
    2. sometimes during a long journey where Tomtom is actively navigating me, the app suddenly stops navigating me and if I activate tomtom on my phone screen the map has zoomed out completely and shows my destination as a small symbol in the middle of the map of Europe. If I put in the destination afresh on the phone the screen on the phone and the car screen return to the normal zoomed-in navigating map and the active navigation carries on.

TT GO Version 3.2.5 (4133)
    AA Version version 6.7.612924-release

Hi @martin.armstrong , thanks for notifying about these issues.

When it comes to 1: we have GONAV-3598 reported based on similar issues mentioned by our Beta testers.

When it comes to 2: as far as I understand, when this issue happens, planned route disappears from both Android Auto head unit and from the phone. You can only see destination icon in map view.
    Whenever this issue happens again, could you please check if route bar is still displayed on the phone and if ETA and NIP seem to be frozen?
  • martin.armstrongmartin.armstrong Posts: 45 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    szachowa wrote: »

When it comes to 2: as far as I understand, when this issue happens, planned route disappears from both Android Auto head unit and from the phone. You can only see destination icon in map view.
    Whenever this issue happens again, could you please check if route bar is still displayed on the phone and if ETA and NIP seem to be frozen?

1 does not seem to happen using wired Android auto.

When 2 happens, from what I remember the car screen just showed the zoomed-in map but with no indication it is navigating me and on the phone screen I think it displayed only maybe my position (probably not my destination) as a blob in the middle of a zoomed-out map of Europe, apart from that no route bar or anything else. I will look closer next time but that could be a while because it only happens very infrequently and I will probably not do any long journeys in the next few weeks..
  • BrainsieBrainsie Posts: 30 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    New Beta Version 3.2.12 is here. Are there any mention worth items on the change log?
    Staff
    szachowa wrote: »

1 does not seem to happen using wired Android auto.

When 2 happens, from what I remember the car screen just showed the zoomed-in map but with no indication it is navigating me and on the phone screen I think it displayed only maybe my position (probably not my destination) as a blob in the middle of a zoomed-out map of Europe, apart from that no route bar or anything else. I will look closer next time but that could be a while because it only happens very infrequently and I will probably not do any long journeys in the next few weeks..

Correct, seems that issue 1 happens way more often with AA over wifi. This is also in line with the complaints that we received from other users.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,691 Moderator
    New Beta Version 3.2.12 is here. Are there any mention worth items on the change log?
    Here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1137478/new-go-navigation-app-version-3-2-12/p1?new=1

Best, lampard

P.S. It's not a beta update.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0