Spoken navigation instructions cuts off the music (Android Auto) — TomTom Community

Spoken navigation instructions cuts off the music (Android Auto)

Astur48Astur48 Posts: 26 [Prominent Wayfarer]
I purchased TomTom Go Android Auto and I have a problem. Giving the spoken navigation instructions cuts off the music and radio and does not listen again. On TomTom Friend this works parfectately. Does it happen to anyone else?

Mod edit: This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto! 19/5.

Comments

• Astur48Astur48 Posts: 26 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Astur48 wrote: »
    I purchased TomTom Go Android Auto and I have a problem. Giving the spoken navigation instructions cuts off the music and radio and does not listen again. On TomTom Friend this works parfectately. Does it happen to anyone else?

Can someone help me?
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    edited May 21

Can someone help me?

May I ask about more info to investigate further this issue?

What music app do you use when this issue happens?
    What sound channel is selected in the app: Menu -> Settings -> Sounds -> Audio channel ?
    Are you connected via BT to the car radio?
    What's TomTom Friend?
    Are you using integrated radio from the car head unit, or some app for internet radio?
    Does is it happen in any other navigation app (for instance AmiGO), or is it only valid for TT GO Nav?
  • Astur48Astur48 Posts: 26 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    szachowa wrote: »

Can someone help me?

What sound channel is selected in the app: Menu -> Settings -> Sounds -> Audio channel ?
    What's TomTom Friend?
    Are you using integrated radio from the car head unit, or some app for internet radio?
    Does is it happen in any other navigation app (for instance AmiGO), or is it only valid for TT GO Nav?
    1.- Any application of music (Spotify,Youtube Music, etc.) and even radio. 2.-Audio channel "Music" even if it proves at all without success. 3.-If connected to the BT of the car radio. 4.-TomTom AmiGO 5.-I apply integrated radio and internet radio. 6.-Does not happen with any other application only with TT GO Nav. With perfect AmiGO and all the competition.
    Staff

Can someone help me?

What's TomTom Friend?
    1.- Any application of music (Spotify,Youtube Music, etc.) and even radio. 2.-Audio channel "Music" even if it proves at all without success. 3.-If connected to the BT of the car radio. 4.-TomTom AmiGO 5.-I apply integrated radio and internet radio. 6.-Does not happen with any other application only with TT GO Nav. With perfect AmiGO and all the competition.

Reported GONAV-3280 for us to investigate.
  • HH67HH67 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Having the same problem here
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 324 [Supreme Navigator]
    I've noticed it cuts of what you are listening to. I know on built-in Tomtom on car it lowers the volume of what listen to. I'll check if Google does same (I would check sygic, but they want annual subscription for using android auto and that even if you had already bought premium features), but I'm sure that reduces the audio of what's playing.
  • Cruise1Cruise1 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Yes, this is one thing I am curious about as well. Have been for a long time.

I am Running the TomTom Go app on my OnePlus 8 Android (v11) smartphone.

The smartphone is always connected to my car (2016 Ford Focus) via bluetooth for handsfree phonecalls. There are times I would like to run the Spotify app for music listening over my car speakers.

In the tomtom app audio settings it is asking me for which audio output channel to select (music, speech, system, notifications, alarm, ringtone). It is currently set to system channel.

The bluetooth settings in my smartphone allows me to select phonecalls audio and media audio. If I switch on media audio I also hear the tomtom spoken guides and notifications. But I would really like to have Tomtom use my phone speakers as audio output and not the bluetooth media output.

Is there a way to arrange this?
    Staff
    Cruise1 wrote: »

The smartphone is always connected to my car (2016 Ford Focus) via bluetooth for handsfree phonecalls. There are times I would like to run the Spotify app for music listening over my car speakers.

In the tomtom app audio settings it is asking me for which audio output channel to select (music, speech, system, notifications, alarm, ringtone). It is currently set to system channel.

The bluetooth settings in my smartphone allows me to select phonecalls audio and media audio. If I switch on media audio I also hear the tomtom spoken guides and notifications. But I would really like to have Tomtom use my phone speakers as audio output and not the bluetooth media output.

I would check with last three channels. The easiest way to quickly test it, is to set the channel, then navigate to voices screen and tap one of installed voices.
    Cruise1 wrote: »

I would check with last three channels. The easiest way to quickly test it, is to set the channel, then navigate to voices screen and tap one of installed voices.

Thanks, I will try.
    Tried all audio output channels. Every single one uses the Bluetooth car media output. Some do also output through phone speaker but simultaniously use the Bluetooth car audio. ☹️
  • MUPMUP Posts: 421 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited August 3
    @Cruise1

If you press the BT symbol at the status bar for a longer time a menue appears.
    Then goto last used > car-connection , there can be opened a list containing the type of connections under details.

Here I can see only 4 called "Fone" "Media" "Contacts" "SMS"

They are all switched ON at your fone?
    MUP wrote: »
    @Cruise1

If you press the BT symbol at the status bar for a longer time a menue appears.
    Then goto last used > car-connection , there can be opened a list containing the type of connections under details.

Here I can see only 4 called "Fone" "Media" "Contacts" "SMS"

They are all switched ON at your fone?

Yes, I know what all selectable options do. Phone audio allows me to do handsfree calling, contacts allow me to voicecommand and caller ID, SMS reads recieved SMS out loud and media audio lets me stream all other media audio to my car.
    I want all of that EXCEPT for the Tomtom notifications. And I have yet to figure out hoe to.