Traffic bar not shown with Android Auto — TomTom Community

Traffic bar not shown with Android Auto

KIlden-PedersenKIlden-Pedersen Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
When using TT GO with AA, the traffic bar is not shown on my car's info screen (Peugeot 208, Year: 2017). Is this not possible or a missing setting by me?

Best Answers

• BrainsieBrainsie Posts: 30 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    Google's security policy on Android Auto is blocking this at the moment. But what I read, they are working on a workaround.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Correct, we are working on a workaround, because it is missing feature that we see most complaint about.

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Google's security policy on Android Auto is blocking this at the moment. But what I read, they are working on a workaround.
    Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Correct, we are working on a workaround, because it is missing feature that we see most complaint about.
  • StevieNaviStevieNavi Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Google should allow simply to mirror the Phone Screen on Android Auto. All those Navigation software is already optimized to use on the phone screen while driving. It's not really a difference if you have the phone itself in a phone holder or using the car's display.
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 324 [Supreme Navigator]
    if google are blocking it, then why does the AmiGo show traffic indicators on Android Auto, it has pop-out to the side showing how long the delay is, surely its not that hard to implement on the subscription version
    edited July 31
    @MUP Great! Can't wait for the zooming/panning functionality to be released and hopefully TT can find a workaround for the route bar/ETA.

I'm also missing the exit numbers/road numbers.
    Staff
    Thanks @MUP
  • KIlden-PedersenKIlden-Pedersen Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Your comments has answered my questions, but I don't agree to having the traffic bar (TB) is a safety issue. The TB is a static thing that does not disturb the driver during driving, but tells him about traffic jam, read work etc. ahead. I woul rather say it supports safety. I hope TT can convince Google about this.