App stops responding during installation process — TomTom Discussions

App stops responding during installation process

Jagacham
Jagacham Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
Hi, Tomtom stop responding during the installation just after payment completed. It was installing on android device and payment was succeeded.

Comments

• Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 6,807
    Community Manager
    Hi @Jagacham ,

Welcome to our forum!

Can you give us more details on this? After downloading the app you should get a free trial. Only after that period ends you're shown a payment screen. So it's not really clear what you're experiencing.

What type of device are you trying to install on and what version of Android is it running?
  • Jagacham
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Juergen,

I haven’t got the free trial for this device. I believe that I have used tomtom on this same google account some time ago in different device.

It’s a android 10 car unit which run kernel 4.9.56. It is starting to load tomtom go navigation app for few seconds. Then I get the message “Tomtom go has stopped”. Then I get options to open app again or send feedback. I did both for several times. But tomtom won’t load.

Thanks for helping.
  • Goppolino
    Goppolino Registered Users Posts: 4
    New Seeker
    edited July 2021
    Hi there, same thing here Android 10 car unit running on ALLWINNER T3 16Ghz and have the same messages. Tried to delete and reinstall but nothing. Thanks
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 428
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited July 2021
    Did you both @Goppolino @Jagacham get the App offered for these special devices in Google Play Store?

m0yr3662pjbp.png
  • Jagacham
    Apprentice Traveler
    @Mup
    device has not grayed out. Installed the app on the device but cannot open.
  • Goppolino
    New Seeker
    edited July 2021
    it does let me install the app, can open it and when it comes to loading after been registered crashes down.
  • Goppolino
    New Seeker
    edited July 2021
    I do get a message on play store that this app may not be optimized for my device os38joho0u09.jpg
  • Goppolino
    New Seeker
    The app is optimized to run on devices with screen size up to 7 inch and my device screen is 9 inch. If this is the problem in my case the app it will be optimized for devices with screen up to 9 inch? Wondering because them are a lot of new releases regarding car navigation systems with 9 inch screens. Thanks
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 6,807
    Community Manager
    The app is meant for mobile phones and is not tested on built-in Android systems.
  • Jagacham
    Apprentice Traveler
    Play store applications are for all Android systems. If an app doesn’t work on all android the app shouldn’t be there. @Jurgen what is your next excuse?
  • Jagacham
    Apprentice Traveler
    All the steps successfully completed until the payment. Cheating customers are wrong.