Traffic only working via wifi - gprs shows as not connected — TomTom Community

Traffic only working via wifi - gprs shows as not connected

Hi, I have just taken delivery of a Tomtom GO premium. Traffic only works when I am near my wifi - when I go to the car there is no live traffic. I watched the video, followed all the steps - when I check settings/system etc. GPRS shows as disconnected. I don't want to have to use my phone's wifi when driving all the time. Help please.

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    edited July 31
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,952
    Superusers
    edited July 31
    Hi
    @ElaineM
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, Social Distancing and people working from home, are delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ElaineMElaineM Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you YamFazMan. I have managed to get the GPRS to connect by disconnecting wi-fi and disconnecting my phone - but I would have expected to be able to have these connected and when out of range of wi-fi for GPRS to automatically connect.
    Surely I can connect my phone and still have GPRS working. I have downloaded the manual and am working through it but it doesn't mention this problem.
    Anyway I will wait to hear from Vikram on Monday. For now at least it is working, now to find out if I can have wi-fi, phone and GPRS all at the same time.
    Thanks again for your help.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,952
    Superusers
    edited July 31
    Hi
    @Bornholm
    Welcome to the site....
    GPRS SIM connection on the Tomtom Live devices....
    There are 3 Data connection options that can have a higher/priority/override the Built-in GPRS SIM....
    To check the Data Connection status....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About…
    Scroll down to Data Connection & GPRS Status....
    What does the device report...???

See... Option (3) in the link below....
    When an active Bluetooth/phone connection.... 'Data for Traffic & other services' set to ON

For further Info...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1752190/#Comment_1752190

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ElaineMElaineM Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks again YFM, yes it was this post that prompted me to remove wifi and phone, for which I am grateful. However now to reconnect my phone and see if GPRS will work when my phone is not near by - and wifi. Ideally I want all 3, maybe that's greedy!