vehicle change — TomTom Community

vehicle change

DeodataDeodata Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
I want to change my tomtom go to car+caravan but followed the instructions, setting route planner, but I have nowhere to change vehicle? The very reason I bought this unit was to be able to change vehicle but can't find it anywhere. help please, before I spend more money on something else

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,671
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Deodata

You have posted your Question in the GO Discover or Go Expert section. If your TT unit is one of them then you will not get an Option Car and Caravan. The 2 units are for a Car or a Truck.

If you have a GO Camper unit then if you have no option to select a vehicle type then you have the wrong Map loaded or Selected. If you Go to Maps in Settings if the Map selected does not have Camper in its description then it is not a Camper Map.

Doug

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    edited July 31
    You have to buy the campercaravan gps
  • DeodataDeodata Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    car towing caravan
    Still doesn't tell you how to change it, the instructions tell you how to do it but the option for changing the vehicle is not in the menu.
  • nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    if you have the right map and you don't have the menu, it's not the right gps
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Deodata

You have posted your Question in the GO Discover or Go Expert section. If your TT unit is one of them then you will not get an Option Car and Caravan. The 2 units are for a Car or a Truck.

If you have a GO Camper unit then if you have no option to select a vehicle type then you have the wrong Map loaded or Selected. If you Go to Maps in Settings if the Map selected does not have Camper in its description then it is not a Camper Map.

Doug
    DougLap, thanks for that, I've downloaded the Europe camper now I can change vehicle, great stuff
    Superuser
    Hi @Deodata

Glad you are sorted.

Doug