App stops responding during installation process — TomTom Community

App stops responding during installation process

JagachamJagacham Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, Tomtom stop responding during the installation just after payment completed. It was installing on android device and payment was succeeded.

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,711
    Community Manager
    Hi @Jagacham ,

Welcome to our forum!

Can you give us more details on this? After downloading the app you should get a free trial. Only after that period ends you're shown a payment screen. So it's not really clear what you're experiencing.

What type of device are you trying to install on and what version of Android is it running?
  • JagachamJagacham Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Juergen,

I haven’t got the free trial for this device. I believe that I have used tomtom on this same google account some time ago in different device.

It’s a android 10 car unit which run kernel 4.9.56. It is starting to load tomtom go navigation app for few seconds. Then I get the message “Tomtom go has stopped”. Then I get options to open app again or send feedback. I did both for several times. But tomtom won’t load.

Thanks for helping.
  • GoppolinoGoppolino Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    edited July 31
    Hi there, same thing here Android 10 car unit running on ALLWINNER T3 16Ghz and have the same messages. Tried to delete and reinstall but nothing. Thanks
  • MUPMUP Posts: 421 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited July 31
    Did you both @Goppolino @Jagacham get the App offered for these special devices in Google Play Store?

m0yr3662pjbp.png
    @Mup
    device has not grayed out. Installed the app on the device but cannot open.
    edited July 31
    it does let me install the app, can open it and when it comes to loading after been registered crashes down.
    edited July 31
    I do get a message on play store that this app may not be optimized for my device os38joho0u09.jpg
    The app is optimized to run on devices with screen size up to 7 inch and my device screen is 9 inch. If this is the problem in my case the app it will be optimized for devices with screen up to 9 inch? Wondering because them are a lot of new releases regarding car navigation systems with 9 inch screens. Thanks
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,711
    Community Manager
    The app is meant for mobile phones and is not tested on built-in Android systems.
    Play store applications are for all Android systems. If an app doesn’t work on all android the app shouldn’t be there. @Jurgen what is your next excuse?
    All the steps successfully completed until the payment. Cheating customers are wrong.