TomTom GO with Apple CarPlay - What is missing? - Page 2 — TomTom Discussions

TomTom GO with Apple CarPlay - What is missing?

2»

Comments

• loekf
    loekf Registered Users Posts: 64
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Fix that stupid no traffic and MyDrive bug when you rely on cellular networks.

It's not for everybody it seems. I am on KPN Netherlands.

Other bugs/issues:
    - Subscription message for carplay. Why ?
    - Get MyDrive routes
    - Side bar
    - Report arrival time incl. delays
  • zorro_68
    zorro_68 Registered Users Posts: 38
    Master Explorer
    ... in addition I have also to report the temperature issue which led the phone going into switch off ... that is really not feasible ... will continue using the TomTom device instead - the current solution for Carplay seems to be more a Beta test in my opinion, practical use is not yet given
  • RicoK
    RicoK Registered Users Posts: 161
    Revered Navigator
    At this moment I am a happy-Wazer. Since my subscription with TomTom ends next month and it stays awfully quit at TomTom's side, for now it looks like I will end my subscription....
    I would like to ask TomTom for a status-update, but I know this can and may take a while.
    For now I will stay a happy Wazer next month.
  • Feckweed405
    Feckweed405 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Here’s hoping there’ll be an update this month to address the subscription dialogue and turning on of music on boot into CarPlay and please a voice search built into the app on CarPlay. Fingers crossed and sorry to see you go @RicoK!
  • RicoK
    Revered Navigator
    Hello, As mentioned in my other post , I have a one-month subscription to see if TomTom was able to solve the issues like the heating of the iPhone, but also I discovered, I still can't get to my contacts in Apple CarPlay. When using the app on the iPhone I can search and enter my contacts, but on CarPlay I still can't.

Unless, I am doing something wrong, TomTom, what you been doing the last 5-6 months?!?!?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,383
    Superuser
    Hi @RicoK

I use Siri Shortcuts when running the App in CarPlay mode. You can set up the contacts you want as Shortcuts then you just tell the Contact you want to go to and it does it without you needing a search contacts option.

Doug
  • RicoK
    Revered Navigator
    Hello @DougLap , yes, that's indeed a 'workaround'..... However wouldn't it be nicer if this just worked out-of-the-box, like with other navigation apps like Google and Apple Maps and Waze? After all, I have given TomTom access to my contacts, and as I said, the contacts show up in the app itself, but not in the app in CarPlay. If the other navigation apps can do this, without the workaround you mentioned, TomTom should also be able to do this, right?
    No, I have enjoyed using TomTom for many years, but lately they have been missing many opportunities. Unfortunately.....
  • Feckweed405
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    I also use Siri Shortcuts for places I frequent but if I’m out of town I still have to stop and put the car in park to search for a specific place or location. Like others I end up using Waze or Apple Maps because it’s just easier and it allows me to choose alternate routes vs steering towards them.
  • RicoK
    Revered Navigator
    @Feckweed405 You say it exactly! Why still using TomTom while others are easier?!? It's crazy to have to stop to enter a navigation address, isn't it?

TomTom was the leader and was ahead, but has been caught up over the years. I hope TomTom is aware of this and listens to its customers.
  • Feckweed405
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Agreed @RicoK! It’s sad to see TT not keeping up this app. Maybe they’ve done the studies to determine that money wise it isn’t worth it, but if that’s the case why completely update the app last year but not update it to match the key features of major rivals. Hope is still there but waning fart.
  • gs2offroad
    gs2offroad Registered Users Posts: 27
    Prominent Wayfarer
    @Feckweed405 @RicoK!
    TT clearly has given up on device development and now the TT Go app falls further and further behind. With iOS 15 coming up it's just going to get worse. Sad!
This discussion has been closed.