How to import favorets in mydrive MAP — TomTom Community

How to import favorets in mydrive MAP

firefogfirefog Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi
I cannot import favorites in mydrive MAP
if I import a ov2 PDI file in mydrive site I can only see in the list but the points are now shown in the map.

I've tried to import a file renamed in Favorites.ov2 to overwrite the favorites but they are not shown in the map anyway

is there a way to import them online ?

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    Hi
    apart from taking them one by one to make them favorites

i don't see
    Superusers
    edited July 29
    "Disagree"

Ok then give the solution
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,997
    Superusers
    Sorry, that's not possible. Poi from an ov2 list are not shown on the MyDrive website.
    We users have requested this several times.
    The ov2 files can only be shown on certain Nav4 and WiFi devices. However, only without their own icon.
    The navigation app and GO Discover/Go Expert do not support custom poi in ov2 format.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,952
    Superusers
    Hi
    @mmattys40
    In the early days of the NAV4 devices, you could use a 3rd party program to side-load Favorites into MyPlaces...
    I had 900 MyPlaces loaded, another user had 1300 (That's one hell of a list to scroll down) 😧

Note... Tomtom knocked the little trick of side-loading Favorites on the head when they released the update Version 17.1 that allowed 3rd party POIs to be installed... At the same time, they changed the memory location where the MyPlaces were stored and stopped the 3rd party program loading the Favorites/MyPlaces to the device :/

Maybe useful... Many users have asked for the facility to back up their MyPlaces to a PC....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1136163/many-users-have-asked-for-the-facility-to-back-up-their-myplaces-to-a-pc

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superusers
    ;) poi on my drive

t3ljeul202ww.png
    Superusers
    How did you do that @nabu ?
  • firefogfirefog Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    nabu wrote: »
    ;) poi on my drive

t3ljeul202ww.png

ok, but can you backup them ? I don't see this option
    Superusers
    Hi @Lochfrass I transform my poi in gpx and I can make them appear

but it's just for fun

Ich transformiere meine Poi in gpx und kann sie erscheinen lassen

aber es ist nur zum spaß
    Superusers
    Ahh ok. Many Thanks
    Superusers

firefog wrote: »
    nabu wrote: »
    ;) poi on my drive

t3ljeul202ww.png

ok, but can you backup them ? I don't see this option

absolutely I can save them
    Superusers
    a little last for the road
    danger zone

8iz1n1egbd9d.png
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 283 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @nabu

Your 'Fun with POI's' looks very interesting :)

Could you write a simplified idiots guide as to how you did this please? B)
    Superusers
    @Lost_Soul ;)

very simply ... we could not at one time recover the poi put on my drive so as we could recover the routes in gpx, I decided to put all the poi in gpx and it worked;)

I hope you will understand me because I do not know the English language

all translation is google

@nabu

Hi, thank you for the quick reply but I think something did get lost in the translation............ ;)

Is "Gpx" a separate piece of software? If so, have you got a web link please?

Thanks again.
    @nabu

Thank you for the link and I installed the software last night .

I had "Partial Success" B) as I opened up a POI File (Ov2 format) with just over 100 locations and then exported them choosing the "Tomtom MyDrive" Export Type.

This then automatically opened up MyDrive but only showed the first 49 locations on the map and a route (possibly a Track) was calculated in a random fashion between all the locations........................ ??

But I could not puzzle out how you managed to get "all" your several hundred POI's to display on the MyDrive map.

If you have the time please can you explain all the steps in your native language and I will use Google to translate as my Schoolboy French is very very rusty !! ;)
    Superusers
    @Lost_Soul

I will do this to you this afternoon
    Superusers
    edited July 30
    @Lost_Soul

je prend un poi OV2 j'en fait un Gpx avec Tyre ou ITN CONVERTER Je le met sur my drive dans importer un GPX et je clique dessus et il vient direct sur la carte

Ne Pas Essayer de Terminer Le Parcours Sinon Probléme

I take an OV2 poi I make a Gpx with Tire or ITN CONVERTER I put it on my drive in import a GPX [/ b] and I click on it and it comes directly to the map

Do Not Attempt To Complete The Course Otherwise Problem [/ b]

ankwhgouzwo7.png
    Superusers
    9yj9ibeydtmg.png
    @nabu

Thank you for doing that and it has made more sense! =)

I used the GPS Exchange (gpx) export format to save the POI File and from MyDrive it then opened up all 100+ locations in MyDrive. :p And as you warned I did not hit the Button to "Finish the route" ;)

- As you said initially, it is just for Fun ;) as at first I could not "Send Stops" to my Device -

But if you zoom in on the Map and then very carefully centre the mouse on a numbered POI by Right Clicking the mouse it is possible to select "Send Destination" to the PND Device.

I have been searching for a way to send single POI destinations (from an OV2 File) from myDrive as I do regularly with MyPlaces sending the destination or Stops before I get into the car and whilst this is a bit long winded it works :3

Many many thanks for helping me discover this......... =)=)
    Superusers
    very happy to have been able to help you
    Thank you

ion4zu33cn0m.png
    Superusers
    @Lost_Soul
    Even if this thread goes a bit off topic, but do you have exact names for your poi?
    For example --> name of the poi list "Examples"
    Contents: Example Poi 1, Example Poi 2, Example Poi 3 ....

I use the App "PinPoi" on my android Smartphone. I have poi lists with over 1000 entries, but I can identify them by name. I work on the railway where I have a poi every 100m. That's why there are so many.
    So i search in the Poi list "Examples" for the Word "Example 3" and the App shows me the enty. Now i can sent it from the PinPoi App to another App like Go Navigation, Google Maps or MyDrive App
    The setup is a bit complicated, but you can import the ov2 files into the app and you'll get used to it.
    So you could send your poi to the MyDrive app and from there to your satnav (including Go Discover).

https://fvasco.github.io/pinpoi/
    @Lochfrass

Just been notified of your post ! :)

Currently I only use an Iphone, although with the problems I have encountered today I am tempted to change to an Android phone! :'(

Shame that PinPoi is only available for Android phones as it appears to do a good job for you. I might invest in a cheap Android phone and have a play sometime . But from your description it seems a very similar process to what I followed above.

For the above example I first exported ~100 My Places from MyDrive and then converted them first to OV2 using 'Tomtom POI' then into GPX using the 'ITN converter' software. (I also use a GPX file to update a Garmin Sat Nav ;) )

The names of MY Places are very varied so I have attempted to put all My Places in some logical order and grouped them together with a prefix by whether I go to the location "D"aily "W"eekly "M"onthly or by type of Activity etc.

As most of the locations I visit are within 50 miles radius of my home the PND screen gets very cluttered with large Blue Stars, so I have considered using POI’s but my preference is to be able to send my ‘chosen destination’ directly to the PND in my car from MyDrive so that when I startup the car engine I can drive off without delay.

I can do this with MyPlaces but not individual POI’s hence my interest in seeing @nabu ‘Fun with POI’s. :)

All of these methods are a compromise and it would be so useful if Tomtom could only give us some additional POI capabiliites we would all not have to jump though these hoops…………….. ! B)