TomTom GO 6100 no GPRS connection — TomTom Community

TomTom GO 6100 no GPRS connection

I used my GPS Friday everything OK. Saturday morning i had no GPRS connection. What can I do? I have made a reset several times.

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,987
    Superusers
    edited July 30 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @lorentz_korsgaard
    Welcome to the site....
    Maybe worth your consideration... I think the contacts of the SIM or the SIM socket oxidize/tarnish over time, removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    The Tomtom GO 6xxx Range of models Car, Camper and Truck are a NAV4 devices, there is no need to disassemble the device....
    If you hold your GO 6xxx Upside-down i.e.... the connections at the top and with the screen facing away from you, the SIM is under the CE sticker to the left of the Micro USB port....

7noudtt1912s.jpg
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of fine pointed tweezers to remove the SIM
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it, repeat this a few times, it should now remake a good connection
    Note: On the GO 6000 when reinserting the SIM, have the contacts facing away from the screen (Note... This may differ on other models)
    I used double-sided sticky tape to replace the CE sticker

The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,546 Moderator
    Hi @lorentz_korsgaard
    Welcome to the community!
    Have you tried the troubleshooting steps advised in the video below-

Regards,
    Vikram
  • lorentz_korsgaardlorentz_korsgaard Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have tried it several times. I have been in contact with TomTom Chat. They said that it was because I was in Switserland. Now I have tried i Germany and Denmark. I have tried to reset my TomTom in all three countries. I still have no contact. I have asked TomTom to reactivate my SIM card. I was told that it was active.
    Superusers
    edited July 30 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @lorentz_korsgaard
    Welcome to the site....
    Maybe worth your consideration... I think the contacts of the SIM or the SIM socket oxidize/tarnish over time, removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    The Tomtom GO 6xxx Range of models Car, Camper and Truck are a NAV4 devices, there is no need to disassemble the device....
    If you hold your GO 6xxx Upside-down i.e.... the connections at the top and with the screen facing away from you, the SIM is under the CE sticker to the left of the Micro USB port....

7noudtt1912s.jpg
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of fine pointed tweezers to remove the SIM
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it, repeat this a few times, it should now remake a good connection
    Note: On the GO 6000 when reinserting the SIM, have the contacts facing away from the screen (Note... This may differ on other models)
    I used double-sided sticky tape to replace the CE sticker

The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • lorentz_korsgaardlorentz_korsgaard Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you. It seems like it works now. I would never have guessed where to find the SIM card. Your Photo helped mee a lot.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @lorentz_korsgaard
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM