Activities are not saved anymore — TomTom Community

Activities are not saved anymore

I've used my Tomtom Runner for years, but since a couple of weeks my activities are not saved anymore. The watch works fine while running, I can use a workout, heart rate is tracked etc, but once I'm finished the activities isn't saved. I can't see it on the watch and when I connect the watch to the computer it's not there either. I have done a soft reset several times. What to do?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,817
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Can you try a factory reset on your watch? The activities should at least be saved on your watch. As a last connection to our servers I see 24 June - can that be correct?
    Can you try a factory reset on your watch? The activities should at least be saved on your watch. As a last connection to our servers I see 24 June - can that be correct?

Answers

Superusers
    For computer connection issues, is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):

1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
    2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
    3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
    5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
    6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
    8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
    9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?

If you sync by phone app you should reset the phone connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • sara_sjostromsara_sjostrom Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for your comment. This issue however, has nothing to do with the connection watch-computer. The watch is recognised. It syncs. For example, it has tracked the steps for that day (which arr showing on the watch as well as in Tom Tom sports. The issue is that the workout/activity is not tracked. It's not registered in the activity history on the watch and therefore not uploaded either. During the workout everything seems to be working like normal. It notifies me when a new interval starts, tracks heart rate, speed etc. But when the workout is finished, the activity isn't there. In the activity history, the latest activity was a couple of weeks ago, on the 15th of June, even though I've done workouts after that. It seems to have stopped working DURING that acivity because it only tracked the first half. And after that, no activities have been logged.
    When I make a new custom workout in Tom Tom sports, it syncs with the watch. But when executing the workout, the activity is not logged.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,650
    Community Manager
    Hi Jürgen,
    Thank you for your reply. I tried using the watch again two days ago and again today. Both activities were saved and are visible in Tomtom Sports and on the watch. Two activities between the 15th and the 29th of June are still lost, but that's ok as long as the watch is working now. One of those activities was on the 24th of June, I think. I didn't do a factory reset, but if this problem appears again, I will definitely try that. Thank you!
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer

• MonespritMonesprit Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same problem here: this is the message: We cannot find your activity. Perhaps you have used an outdated link or you are not logged in as the owner of the activity? All else works except for update and uploading most recent activity since a week ago. Watch erased all swim history but same, except since June 10th remains in computer history activity history...
  • BroeliBroeli Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My tomtom watch won't upload activities. What can I do? It syncs with my phone but doesn't show the activities anywhere after syncing
    Superusers
    Broeli wrote: »
    My tomtom watch won't upload activities. What can I do? It syncs with my phone but doesn't show the activities anywhere after syncing

What watch is it? How you tried resetting the connection? You should reset the phone connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.