Has the OS requirement for GO Navigation changed? — TomTom Community

Has the OS requirement for GO Navigation changed?

mprowemprowe Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have been running Go for Android, very successfully for the last 5 years, on a tablet running Android 5.1.1.
As of last week, it has refused to start (no diags given!). Has something changed?

Regards, M

Comments

  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    Which version?
    I have old Nexus 4 with Android 5.1.1, I will quickly check if anything changed there.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    34gjbfw3ezsx.png
    pklojddixalg.png

    Works OK for me with 3.1.90.
  • MUPMUP Posts: 421 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited July 28
    But that's Tablet vs Smartfone.
    Most tablets and Android based car head units are no longer working well starting with v3.1.75
  • JarskiJarski Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    tc6fhhwmvmel.jpg

    I have the same problem on my car device. TomTom has been working at least four years. Now it tries to start but then it just closes...
  • mprowemprowe Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes... It seems to be a Phone / Tablet thing?
    Can I get pre 3.1.75 apk to check that?

    Regards, M.
  • mprowemprowe Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited July 28
    Yep! Found a copy of 3.1.48 and that runs on my Tablet.
    So 3.1.48 works and 3.1.75 does not....
    Mods: Is there any chance that this problem (what ever it is) will get fixed?

    Regards, M.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    May I ask for exact model names that expose this issue? It will help us in investigation.
    @mprowe @Jarski @MUP
  • JarskiJarski Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Unfortunately I can´t tell the model name. I've ordered it from Aliexpress and replaced the original Opel player...

    I also loaded 3.1.48 and it's working fine.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    Jarski wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can´t tell the model name. I've ordered it from Aliexpress and replaced the original Opel player...

    I also loaded 3.1.48 and it's working fine.

    I know that there are apps available on Play Store which can be used to collect information about the hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, model, Android version and etc.).

    It would be very helpful to know how 3.1.48 was installed on your device. Please note that we distribute our application only via Google Play Store and AppGallery for Android platform.
  • JarskiJarski Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    szachowa wrote: »
    I know that there are apps available on Play Store which can be used to collect information about the hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, model, Android version and etc.).

    It would be very helpful to know how 3.1.48 was installed on your device. Please note that we distribute our application only via Google Play Store and AppGallery for Android platform.

    Thanks for the tip. Attached system details...

    The site where I downloaded it from is called APKMirror. I understand it's not official and there might risks...

  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    Jarski wrote: »
    szachowa wrote: »
    I know that there are apps available on Play Store which can be used to collect information about the hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, model, Android version and etc.).

    It would be very helpful to know how 3.1.48 was installed on your device. Please note that we distribute our application only via Google Play Store and AppGallery for Android platform.

    Thanks for the tip. Attached system details...

    The site where I downloaded it from is called APKMirror. I understand it's not official and there might risks...

    Thanks for the requested information.
    Have you also installed 3.1.75 from apkmirror?
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 465
    Staff
    I reported GONAV-3897 for us to check.
  • JarskiJarski Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    szachowa wrote: »
    Thanks for the requested information.
    Have you also installed 3.1.75 from apkmirror?

    No. It was installed/updated from the GooglePlay.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,709 Moderator
    Hello everyone!

    If you're a Beta user, there's a fix introduced in version 3.3.30 which fixes the issue of the app closing right before the map has been shown on certain Android head units. Can you give it a try and see if there's an improvement?

    Best, lampard
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category2

Jürgen
Jürgen
MyNameAllreadyExists
MyNameAllreadyExists