Problem with GO App on Android 9 car radio — TomTom Community

Problem with GO App on Android 9 car radio

HansolsenHansolsen Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
after a year now, I can now not open the app on my Android 9 mobile device When it writes it opens the app, it burns and shuts down. It has Internet. Help help

Mod edit: Machine translated from Danish!

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,704 Moderator
    Hi @Hansolsen

Welcome to the Community! Since the translation was not so good, can you please elaborate what's the error message you're getting on the App? A screenshot of the error will be nice to understand.

Best, lampard

• HansolsenHansolsen Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    When the app is starting up, it just stop and disapear again, it has work for more than one year, but now it just stop under start up. mn00e5k535v0.jpg
    y4nz4xocblzg.jpg
    Thank you @Hansolsen

Could you please provide us your device model, App version on the Phone? The same information is required if it's a Headunit (and not Android Auto).

Best, lampard
    It's a car radio with a 10" screen with android 9 system,
    The tomtom go app has worked on it for more than one year, but now it won't open, it start to open, than just shut down.
    I have updated all the update there has been.
    Tryed to delete the app, and redownloaded again, but same problem. Have also reboot the system, but no changes.
    Hi @Hansolsen

The GO Navigation app has not been designed or tested for use with Android head units. So if the clean reinstallation of the app doesn't work, we can't guarantee that it will work with your current setup.

Best, lampard
    But its has been working on this Unit for more than one year, but now it just tryed to start up, and than shut Down,
    All other navigation app is working on the Unit.
    Is there other system app needed for tomtom Go , to get it working ?
    Can you ansver me please
  • FM1405FM1405 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    edited August 1
    You can find other topics on the same issue as you have here on the site. The version 3.1.75 version seems to be the problem. Tomtom's answer is they do not support head units like yours. The best and perhaps the only thing you can do now to make tomtom work again is to delete the official app and then download version 3.1.48 from a site called apk.mirror.com It is a safe site to download from, just remember to set your device to have to download from 3 party provider. You will find this under settings and security. The version you need to find is called arm64-v8a + armeabi-v7a. Search for Tomtom go inside the page and the version will appear
    Hope this can help you.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Danish)
    It works 👍 thank you so much 😁👍
    Yes
  • Sapper0144Sapper0144 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your input FM1405, I had similar problem with loading the App kept switching off and wouldn't install on Android radio.
    Used your apkmirror link and alls working fine.

Once again thanks