Can't install flash update on Go 5000 - lack of memory — TomTom Community

Can't install flash update on Go 5000 - lack of memory

After an update of the road map, I am unable to load a small installation (6 MB) of Flash Info on my Go5000. I suspect that the memory is full .... I have received a message about this before, but I no longer receive it. Now system indicates that device is not connected properly, which is not correct. If I buy and install an SDHD map, does it work simultaneously with the regular road map (which is in the internal memory, if I understand correctly) ?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,531 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Marlos75
    Welcome to the community!
    You can use a 16 GB class 10 memory cards to install the maps. Speed cameras updates can only be installed to the internal memory.
    Install the map on the memory card first and then delete the map on the internal memory.

Removing the map from the device memory will free up space to install speed camera updates.

Also, to avoid a 'no maps found' situation you can install a small map, e.g. Venezuela, to the internal memory.

Regards,
    Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,531 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Marlos75
    Welcome to the community!
    You can use a 16 GB class 10 memory cards to install the maps. Speed cameras updates can only be installed to the internal memory.
    Install the map on the memory card first and then delete the map on the internal memory.

Removing the map from the device memory will free up space to install speed camera updates.

Also, to avoid a 'no maps found' situation you can install a small map, e.g. Venezuela, to the internal memory.

Regards,
    Vikram