i have a renault cliowith built in tomtom uk and island maps can not be used on this device — TomTom Community

i have a renault cliowith built in tomtom uk and island maps can not be used on this device

kevincrippsrplfekevincrippsrplfe Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
i have a Renault clio with built in tomtom and now it is not working message says uk and island maps cant be used on this device how can I get over this as it was working a week ago

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,492 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @kevincrippsrplfe
    Welcome to the community! A map has been activated on your account. Just remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version offered as a download using TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,659
    Superuser
    Hi @kevincrippsrplfe

Have you just updated it?

Date
  • kevincrippsrplfekevincrippsrplfe Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    no the battery went down and after that it would not work
    I have tried to update it but still the same i have seen that it is a problem with the maps on the sd card as there are discussions about it from 2019 i believe i need a new copy of the maps
    Superuser
    Hi @kevincrippsrplfe

Let us see if @VikramK is able to activate the map for you . Look back here later to see what he says.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,492 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @kevincrippsrplfe
    Welcome to the community! A map has been activated on your account. Just remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version offered as a download using TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram
    Thank you it all works now
    Superuser
    Hi @kevincrippsrplfe

Glad you are sorted.

Doug