My Tom Tom Was stolen how can i deactivate it so that it does not navigate or remove routes — TomTom Community

My Tom Tom Was stolen how can i deactivate it so that it does not navigate or remove routes

My tom tom was stolen how can i not have it navigate for the thieves

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,058 [Exalted Pioneer]
    write email to customer care
    they can stop services
  • nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    edited July 18
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/fr-fr/articles/360013900080-Mon-appareil-a-été-volé-ou-perdu

My device has been stolen or lost
    European data protection law states that companies are only allowed to record and retain personally identifiable information (such as routes and GPS tracks linked to a specific device) for valid business reasons. Since such a reason does not exist for TomTom, we have ensured that our data processing system does not retain information relating to the user or the location of a device in an identifiable form.

This means that we cannot track a specific user or device. For GPS, customer support is able to block the connection of your device to another account, provided that you can provide the reference of a complaint, a copy of the police report and proof of payment.
  • jessyjonasjessyjonas Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello thanks.
    This is the police report #
    P210235396.

The theft occured in Mississauga Canada July 16 2021. My Tom Tom was purchased a long time probably 2019.

Thanks
    Jessy
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,679
    Superuser
    Hi @jessyjonas

Sorry to hear what has happened

This is a Forum for users to help one another and not a direct link to Tomtom Customer Support whom you need to contact.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then have to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug