Go app crashes after Samsung firmware update — TomTom Community

Go app crashes after Samsung firmware update

Trankil0Trankil0 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
After the last firmware update on my Galaxy S20 5G the tomtom go app crashes constantly after saying the ETA.
If I switch of the announcements it continues to run.

21rmx0p5e8x4.jpg

Best Answer

• MUPMUP Posts: 349 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited July 13 Accepted Answer
    There is a known problem with computer and recorded voices after Samsung's patch dated from 1st of July.
    onaz8gnenafd.png

It has been discussed here incl. a temp. fix from @szachowa
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1767031#Comment_1767031

The recommended temp. solution for TT Go Navigation (try it for AmiGO):
    1. Uninstall ALL voices.
    2. Then install ONLY one recorded voice eg Jane (sounds excellent) or another recorded voice.
    3. Restart your Fone and of course AmiGO
    4. Have fun hopefully

Answers

• MUPMUP Posts: 349 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited July 13 Accepted Answer
    There is a known problem with computer and recorded voices after Samsung's patch dated from 1st of July.
    onaz8gnenafd.png

It has been discussed here incl. a temp. fix from @szachowa
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1767031#Comment_1767031

The recommended temp. solution for TT Go Navigation (try it for AmiGO):
    1. Uninstall ALL voices.
    2. Then install ONLY one recorded voice eg Jane (sounds excellent) or another recorded voice.
    3. Restart your Fone and of course AmiGO
    4. Have fun hopefully

• Trankil0Trankil0 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks

Jane is no option for me because I live in the Netherlands. UK voice's use different names for the road types used in this country, causing confusion.
    So I use American English voice's which is tailored for Dutch roads.
    I've been using Lori for over an decade without any problems.

I tried computer voice Samantha because it is listed as American English. However, this voice is using a UK English dictionary causing confusion all over again :/
    And I'm unable to change the dictionary to American English for this voice.

I did had Samantha in the app still. Removing this voice stopped the app from crashing.
    However, the app also stoped announcing the ETA. So I think Samantha is the buggy element, but miss her already.

Thanks again for your help!
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,582
    Community Manager
    edited July 14
    @Trankil0
    Can you please confirm this is about the GO Navigation app (black icon showing a car) and not AmiGO (blue icon showing an A)?

As a workaround in the GO Navigation app, uninstall all voices and then download a recorded voice until we release 3.2 with a fix.