How do I move all My Places from one desktop MyDrive logon to another? — TomTom Community

How do I move all My Places from one desktop MyDrive logon to another?

SledDriverSledDriver Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
I detest what TomTom has done recently.

Now I find even more trouble. My devices refused to connect to TT services using my old style account, so I was forced to use a Google account on my Androids to get the subscription working when I renewed into this new system a few months ago.

No I discover that my HUNDREDS of My Places waypoints no longer show up on my devices. They are all still there on my old desktop MyDrive account.

How do I move them to the new account.

You were listening weren't you?? ;-) There are HUNDREDS of them from years of touring and I need them on my new logon to TT.

Surely TT are no stupid enoughg to force users onto a new account without sorting this requirement out?

Regards

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,923
    Superusers
    edited July 10
    Hi

Welcome to the site....
    SledDriver wrote: »
    (Snip) I discovered that my HUNDREDS of My Places waypoints no longer show up on my devices. They are all still there on my old desktop MyDrive account (Snip)
    Do you mean the MyDrive Web Route Planner/Tomtom Cloud ???

Many users have asked for the facility to back up their MyPlaces to a PC
    You can create a Personal POI Category of your MyPlaces to replace the MyPlaces list, and if required show an Icon on your device

Or even Create Multiple Personal POI Categories as required ....

Many users have asked for the facility to back up their MyPlaces to a PC
    The Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner....
    i.e... the Tomtom Cloud
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

The MyDrive Route planner allows you to download your data from the Tomtom Cloud

Using the Chrome Browser here... Much faster screen refreshes when Re-drawing the Map....

Clicking on the 'Download your MyDrive data' button....
    Auto saves the .json.jz file onto the 'Download Folder'

After Clicking the 'Download your MyDrive data' button....
    The 'Username'_MyDrive.json.jz file options are shown screen lower left of the main 'MyDrive Web' window....
    Click on the '^' icon for the .json.jz file options....

dresrxjrs4w7.jpg
    The file looks like unusable Gobbledegook, but the MyPlaces can be found in the file
    Click on image to enlarge....
    x3keyqdqe377.png

User Ethoz....
    Posted a link to a excellent Tomtom MyPlaces to .Ov2 POI file converter tool

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://chbworld.net/software/tomtompoi.html&prev=search

There's a Mac & PC version ....

Method....
    Download and install TomtomPOI.exe from the above link
    Note... I have Virus checked the file with Avast Anti Virus all OK
    Run TomtomPOI

1st, Click on Open...
    948al3lvjrtz.jpg
    A New Filer Window opens
    Find & Select the (Your username goes here)_MyDrive.json.gz file
    Saved from the Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner
    Click on the 'Open' Box

wszajd139ty2.jpg
    2nd Click on Copy
    bsndf6o7jzm7.jpg
    3rd Click on Yes
    5567983e-03cb-46bc-a0f8-c09e5d822af2.png
    4th Click on Yes
    0d841302-e88f-4af0-bb4a-764126dc21d6.png
    5th Click on Save
    a8fe2080-c483-47ce-b413-b1606cd50aba.png
    Name the .Ov2 file & Save to the PC Desktop

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • SledDriverSledDriver Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited July 12
    Yes thanks for that.

But I had already found that tutorial online, and it doesn't do what I am asking for. The tutorial moves my My Places waypoints to a POI. It does not move them to My Places on the new device.

Is there a way to get them into My Places on the new device?
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,914 [Exalted Pioneer]
    SledDriver wrote: »
    I detest what TomTom has done recently.

Now I find even more trouble. My devices refused to connect to TT services using my old style account, so I was forced to use a Google account on my Androids to get the subscription working when I renewed into this new system a few months ago.

No I discover that my HUNDREDS of My Places waypoints no longer show up on my devices. They are all still there on my old desktop MyDrive account.

How do I move them to the new account.

You were listening weren't you?? ;-) There are HUNDREDS of them from years of touring and I need them on my new logon to TT.

Surely TT are no stupid enoughg to force users onto a new account without sorting this requirement out?

Regards

In the application settings selected Tomtom service you enter the same email address from your Mydrive account and you should find your registered locations and address.
  • SledDriverSledDriver Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. I had done that, but they weren't showing up. Then the next day there were there and fine.

Maybe there servers were down or something at the time I was first trying.