Traffic not shown in more countries (planning route) — TomTom Community

Traffic not shown in more countries (planning route)

JardaBarJardaBar Posts: 16 [Legendary Explorer]
It is shame, that planning the route is not using traffic data from other countries, just my own.
Plan your route from one country to another country and you will see, the traffic is showed just in your current country. Please see the screenshot.

TtYfFmt.jpg

Tagged:

Comments

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    I don't know if it's like on the last generation tomtom gps but we are only allowed 150km around your point and it progresses as you move around
  • JardaBarJardaBar Posts: 16 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited July 9
    Problem is, you plan route over more countries and when the navigation app is not looking for the traffic on suggested routes, it is possible to get into traffic jams right after borders.

It will be much better to plan routes with traffic data available for all suggested routes before I leave my home.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,929 [Exalted Pioneer]
    After planning a route there may be a traffic jam but over several km the traffic jam may disappear so no need to report a traffic jam 150 km from your position.
  • JardaBarJardaBar Posts: 16 [Legendary Explorer]
    It is not about traffic jams only, it is about closed roads ...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,663
    Superuser
    edited July 10
    Hi @JardaBar

The TT unit is being updated on a regular basis as you travel along with the Traffic situation for something like 70km radius from your current position. So as you drive along traffic issues become known to the the unit as you get nearer. So just in case you think that when you create a route in your country it does not deal with traffic across the border until you get there that is not the case. If your closer to the border when creating a route it would take into consideration the traffic data within the radius including across the border.

Doug