Cannot use this map on this device — TomTom Community

Cannot use this map on this device

woody2280woody2280 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I have restored a new SD Card from TomTom Home backup. It has successfully backed up but I now get a message "Cannot use this map on this device" Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,485 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @woody2280
    Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTom HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,658
    Superuser
    Hi @woody2280

Hopefully @VikramK can sort out the map for you. Look back here on Monday to see what he says.

Doug
  • woody2280woody2280 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you DougLap
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @woody2280
    Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTom HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram
  • woody2280woody2280 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you
    Superuser
    Hi @woody2280

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • AndrushkaAndrushka Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hello,

I tried to update the software, and it went OK to some point, but after that something happened
    and the TomTom device preinstalled in my Renault Megane 3 is displaying the following 2 lines message:
    "Problem with map
    "You cannot use this map on this device: Europe-454".

The series no. on the SD card is 25920 3567 R, type of map Europe V32.

Maybe you can guide me through the repair / reinstall process.

Thank you
    Superuser
    Hi @Andrushka

I hope that when @VikramK or @lampard pick this up on Monday they may be able to activate the map for you. Look back then to see what they say.

Doug
    Hi @Andrushka
    Map has been activated, please follow the same steps advised in my comment above.

Regards,
    Vikram