Premium Voices

Windows95
Windows95 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
About 2 years back I think I purchased some premium voices for my 6200 I think. I want to buy some more, but have no idea if this is possible anymore? Can't find any of the voices in the store, but also no notification of discontinuation.

Answers

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,140
    Superuser
    @Windows95

Only the free one seem available here https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/navigation-voices/

But if you are lucky and list the ones you want, and if they are compatible with your 6200, maybe one of the moderators ( @VikramK or @lampard ) can assign them to you
  • Windows95
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for the information @Niall
    Sounds stupid, but the option of being able to buy premium voices was one of the main selling points for me - I'll never get tired of Daria and KITT, but my partner hates them with great intensity. So I was gunning for some of the Star Wars voices - Darth Vader and C3PO, but I'm not even certain they were on the available for the GO.
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,140
    Superuser
    Look back tomorrow and the force maybe with you ;)
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,299
    Sorry @Windows95
    The decision was taken a few days ago to discontinue the celebrity voices.
    They are no longer available on our webshop, and so we have stopped assigning them to the account.

- Vikram.
  • Windows95
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited July 2021
    Okay wow, so this was nowhere announced, just discontinued out of the blue and I'm a few days too late with no lenience period? That kind of sucks if you've invested 300+ euroes counting on this particular thing. Guess I'll start looking for another way of navigation if you really don't want my money.
  • ulligoe
    ulligoe Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    Why do you revoke purchased items? If I buy a bookshelf the company won't remove any books I bought from it :s
  • Windows95
    Apprentice Traveler
    It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Even less that they decided not to communicate about it to those of us who purchased. It is really frustrating and maddening.