No voice directions when using app and DAB+ radio on Android auto. — TomTom Community

No voice directions when using app and DAB+ radio on Android auto.

TheFriarTheFriar Posts: 62 [Renowned Wayfarer]
When i use the app on Android Auto while listening to my car radio i'm suddenly not getting any spoken directions or alarms.
But when i'm listening at my YT music collection through Android Auto the voice directions and alarms are clearly audible through the car's speakers.
Audio output channel is currently set to "Music channel"?

Am i missing something here?

Comments

• TheFriarTheFriar Posts: 62 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    szachowa wrote: »
    TheFriar wrote: »
    When i use the app on Android Auto while listening to my car radio i'm suddenly not getting any spoken directions or alarms.
    But when i'm listening at my YT music collection through Android Auto the voice directions and alarms are clearly audible through the car's speakers.
    Audio output channel is currently set to "Music channel"?

Am i missing something here?

Hi, this is known limitation of our app. I believe it is caused by missing support of HFP in TT GO Navigation app.

You can try and check different audio output channels to see if there is any improvement. I remember that with some combination of audio output and BT settings, you can get voice instructions from phone speaker, but I don't know if this is something that would satisfy you.

As far as I understand, car radio can be only interrupted by the voice calls. HFP pipes voice instruction through the voice call channel, making them audible when listening to car radio.

For some strange reason everything worked as normal again.
    Cant exactly reproduce what i did, but its working again.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 447
    Staff
    Great to hear that, although it would be great to have the steps, to help others with the same problems in the future.