Method to stop being offered HazMat Map Update. — TomTom Community

Method to stop being offered HazMat Map Update.

I have a Go 6000 loaded with the Europe Truck v10.70 map.
I have Connect set up to download updates into cache as they are made available. I see an icon in the iMac toolbar to indicate updates are ready to load.
In the Connect updates window there are Community Map and Speed Camera updates but also listed is another map - Europe Truck for Hazardous Material v10.70
I already have the full Europe Map loaded in device memory and will usually update that as and when they become available.

I do not want the HazMat version to be offered to me as I will never ever need it.

I can just ignore it and dump the cache after loading updates BUT sometimes I connect my device and start Connect and it jumps to an update window "waiting for device" but after a few minutes it fails to start upload and I have to return to usual update screen to select and load the required updates.

Is there a way to inhibit the update appearing?
Do i have to contact Cust Support to have this unwanted update removed from the devices update list?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,513 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Troggy53
    My team has deactivated the map on your account. It won't be offered as an update in MyDrive Connect.

Regards,
    Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,513 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Troggy53
    My team has deactivated the map on your account. It won't be offered as an update in MyDrive Connect.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Troggy53Troggy53 Posts: 52 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi @VikramK
    Thank you for the response action to suspend the HazMat map appearing in my update screen.
    I now begin to wonder if I accidentally selected it in the window My Content / My Maps (where it now appears) and it was queueing in the server for me to load.
    I have completed updates and cleared the downloads cache so all should be fine from here.
    Thanks again.
    Paul