Has anyone mounted onto their bike using a quadlock?

The-Arbetor
The-Arbetor Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Traveler
X grip is too flakey for me so I fitted a quadlock mount to the bike. It would be nice to have all my devices fitting to compatible mounts. How flat is the back?

Best Answer

• RoadRider
    RoadRider Registered Users Posts: 750
    Revered Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    The Riders USB port is not waterproof.
    The original mount in the Riders box is a better system than QuadLock. This mount also charges the Rider with an normal 12v connection to your motorcycle. This original mount is waterproof.

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,457
    Exalted Pioneer
    which rider
  • The-Arbetor
    Apprentice Traveler
    I haven't bought one yet but I'm guessing the 550
  • rocminc99al
    rocminc99al Registered Users Posts: 28
    Outstanding Explorer
    I'm using QuadLock on my motorcycle. It's not as solid as an old RAM GPS holder, but I don't think there's anything better on the market for a phone.

y74ckjucm5ob.jpg
  • The-Arbetor
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes you can mount a phone with a quad lock. That's what they do .. Can you mount a Tomtom Rider 550 on a quadlock?
  • rocminc99al
    rocminc99al Registered Users Posts: 28
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited June 2021
    QuadLock sells a universal adapter that you just glue to the surface. If there's enough smooth surface on the back of the device, you can probably attach the adapter to it.
    I think Rider has a special mount. Is there also a USB port to attach power supply?

jhuyvdy1q4rw.png

• RoadRider
    RoadRider Registered Users Posts: 750
    Revered Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    The Riders USB port is not waterproof.
    The original mount in the Riders box is a better system than QuadLock. This mount also charges the Rider with an normal 12v connection to your motorcycle. This original mount is waterproof.
  • mrded
    mrded Registered Users Posts: 17
    Master Explorer
    I’m also interested in mounting my tomtom rider 450 to a quadlock. I don’t care of waterproof charging, I need something compatible with my car mount. I want the same mount for my phone and Satnav.