Last 3.1.48 and Android auto — TomTom Community

Last 3.1.48 and Android auto

NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 113 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Hi all,
Do you know if this latest version brings one or more improvements compared to use with Android auto?
Thank you in advance for your reply
«1

Comments

  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,572
    Community Manager
    edited June 25
    This release is mainly about bug and crash fixes to increase the stability of the application.

    It's a phased rollout so not everyone will get it offered yet.
  • NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 113 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    OK thanks. Do you know when we have anythinks for Android auto in the futur?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,572
    Community Manager
    The team has carefully collected feedback regarding Android Auto here on the forum and in the Google Play Store but we won't see this reflected yet. The upcoming 3.2 release will focus on preparing for monthly full map updates.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 432
    Staff
    There is one small improvement for Android Auto that we included in the release, we now properly show EV charging stations in menu on Android Auto head unit when switching vehicle profile to EV.

    7ullllbtyjvp.png
    z1cxpb1i0d0j.png

    As @Jürgen has mentioned, this release is mostly about bug fixes to increase app stability.
  • NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 113 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    OK, wait and see ! Thanks
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,126 [Revered Voyager]
    Good Morning Mr @szachowa

    Amsterdam, we have a problem!
    Since the update the app no longer works with AA and this message (sorry in german) is displayed
    -Am I the only one in Europe?
    -Is there already a solution, do I have to wait for the next update?

    kbkbcwa07enr.jpg


  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,572
    Community Manager
    edited June 28
    Looks like this message comes from us indeed. UK English source string:
    {1}{2}Renew your subscription to keep enjoying {3}.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 432
    Staff
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    Good Morning Mr @szachowa

    Amsterdam, we have a problem!
    Since the update the app no longer works with AA and this message (sorry in german) is displayed
    -Am I the only one in Europe?
    -Is there already a solution, do I have to wait for the next update?

    kbkbcwa07enr.jpg


    Please check the app on your device while not being connected to Android Auto head unit.

    You reminded me about another AA improvement that we have added recently. Now we show error message on AA head unit if subscriptions are expired.
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,126 [Revered Voyager]
    edited June 28
    @szachowa
    The app runs without AA any problems.
    But how do I get rid of the message? Which button do I have to press ??????
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 432
    Staff
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    @szachowa
    The app runs without AA any problems.
    But how do I get rid of the message? Which button do I have to press ??????

    If app is running fine without AA, then this seems to be some bug. I will check with the team.
  • ckkoenckkoen Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    szachowa wrote: »
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    @szachowa
    The app runs without AA any problems.
    But how do I get rid of the message? Which button do I have to press ??????

    If app is running fine without AA, then this seems to be some bug. I will check with the team.

    It's definitely a bug.. If I open TomTom via Android Auto when not connected to 4G, it gives me the same subscription message. At the same time if I open TomTom on my phone's screen, I don't get the message and if I go to the settings, I see that my subscription is still valid. I then have to force stop TomTom, activate 4G and reopen it to resolve the problem. But the next time that I connect to Android Auto without 4G, the message is back..
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 432
    Staff
    ckkoen wrote: »
    szachowa wrote: »
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    @szachowa
    The app runs without AA any problems.
    But how do I get rid of the message? Which button do I have to press ??????

    If app is running fine without AA, then this seems to be some bug. I will check with the team.

    It's definitely a bug.. If I open TomTom via Android Auto when not connected to 4G, it gives me the same subscription message. At the same time if I open TomTom on my phone's screen, I don't get the message and if I go to the settings, I see that my subscription is still valid. I then have to force stop TomTom, activate 4G and reopen it to resolve the problem. But the next time that I connect to Android Auto without 4G, the message is back..

    Thanks for finding this! Nice catch.
    I will create for us bug report to take a look.
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,126 [Revered Voyager]
    @szachowa

    current feedback:
    I tested the app today and yesterday, it still works without AA.
    The instructions also come through the speakers, only the screen remains black.

    Is there already a timely solution?
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 432
    Staff
    ckkoen wrote: »
    szachowa wrote: »
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    @szachowa
    The app runs without AA any problems.
    But how do I get rid of the message? Which button do I have to press ??????

    If app is running fine without AA, then this seems to be some bug. I will check with the team.

    It's definitely a bug.. If I open TomTom via Android Auto when not connected to 4G, it gives me the same subscription message. At the same time if I open TomTom on my phone's screen, I don't get the message and if I go to the settings, I see that my subscription is still valid. I then have to force stop TomTom, activate 4G and reopen it to resolve the problem. But the next time that I connect to Android Auto without 4G, the message is back..

    Although it would be very nice bug to report, I'm unable to reproduce it.
    I have checked with 3.1.48 app, with 4G enabled/disabled, with no connectivity at all. App starts for me OK on the head unit.

    We need more concrete steps to reproduce it.
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,126 [Revered Voyager]
    @szachowa

    I don´t like the sound of this. I can´t offer more than the screenshot. :'(:'(
  • MUPMUP Posts: 349 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited June 30
    Short report:
    nearly NO bugs
    Smartfone-Sound allone: OK
    Smartfone + AA-Sound: OK
    only 1 bug "My Places > Fotos": TT-App crashed when Google-Foto-App is deactivated

    I also have never seen any TT based Ad-Popup messages nor subscription expiration warnings.

    Pixel 4XL
    stock Android 11 + all Google updates
    TT Go Nav 3.1.48
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 432
    Staff
    MUP wrote: »
    Short report:
    nearly NO bugs
    Smartfone-Sound allone: OK
    Smartfone + AA-Sound: OK
    only 1 bug "My Places > Fotos": TT-App crashed when Google-Foto-App is deactivated

    I also have never seen any TT based Ad-Popup messages nor subscription expiration warnings.

    Pixel 4XL
    stock Android 11 + all Google updates
    TT Go Nav 3.1.48

    Could you please share your AppID? You can send it to me as private message. We will check this crash related to pictures.
  • MartinsGaMartinsGa Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hello!
    I can report the same issue with AA showing licenses issue with 3.1.48 + AA. Though i cannot reproduce the same conditions. And conditions were as follows:
    a) it was roaming scenario.
    b) Due to roaming I end up in area where no data available (you can call, data toggled on , but in fact - no data).
    c) i was driving on and off in that "no data area".

    * if TT + AA was turned on during "data is available" - all was good even if i lost mobile data - navigation did still go on.
    * If TT + AA was turned on in the spot where "no data available", that licence message popped up on car unit, TT on phone screen was ok though.
    In fact, that was bit of trouble - no data - no google maps, obviously, no hard copy of old school map, nothing .... and even TT went nuts :). And you are in the middle of busy city :(.
    I have "theory" - if data is hard off - TT do not tries to verify license and let it go, but if data "in theory" is on, but do not go through (broken connections) , it still tries to verify licenses and fail with this message
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 432
    Staff
    MartinsGa wrote: »
    Hello!
    I can report the same issue with AA showing licenses issue with 3.1.48 + AA. Though i cannot reproduce the same conditions. And conditions were as follows:
    a) it was roaming scenario.
    b) Due to roaming I end up in area where no data available (you can call, data toggled on , but in fact - no data).
    c) i was driving on and off in that "no data area".

    * if TT + AA was turned on during "data is available" - all was good even if i lost mobile data - navigation did still go on.
    * If TT + AA was turned on in the spot where "no data available", that licence message popped up on car unit, TT on phone screen was ok though.
    In fact, that was bit of trouble - no data - no google maps, obviously, no hard copy of old school map, nothing .... and even TT went nuts :). And you are in the middle of busy city :(.
    I have "theory" - if data is hard off - TT do not tries to verify license and let it go, but if data "in theory" is on, but do not go through (broken connections) , it still tries to verify licenses and fail with this message

    OK, this provides us some additional info. So it may happen if the 4G is enabled, but there is no data. Something to be checked. I will report it with information that was here provided for us to investigate it further. Very interesting issue.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 432
    Staff
    Thanks @mapfanatic and @MartinsGa , I reported GONAV-3629 (internal bug report) for us to investigate.
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,126 [Revered Voyager]
    @szachowa

    Good news!
    Today the App runs without problems with AA.
  • sholmsholm Posts: 37 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I went yesterday to an area without connection to the internet.
    TomTom worked fine until I turned the car off.
    When coming back the screen in the car says I need to renew my subscription.
    On the mobile everything is OK.
    When coming back to internet connection, a total restart of the mobile and car got everything working again.

    I hope you find a solution.
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 133 [Exalted Navigator]
    Is it possible to bring back the 'mark location' function? It was very helpfull for mapshare reports.
  • ckkoenckkoen Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited July 4
    szachowa wrote: »
    ckkoen wrote: »
    szachowa wrote: »
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    @szachowa
    The app runs without AA any problems.
    But how do I get rid of the message? Which button do I have to press ??????

    If app is running fine without AA, then this seems to be some bug. I will check with the team.

    It's definitely a bug.. If I open TomTom via Android Auto when not connected to 4G, it gives me the same subscription message. At the same time if I open TomTom on my phone's screen, I don't get the message and if I go to the settings, I see that my subscription is still valid. I then have to force stop TomTom, activate 4G and reopen it to resolve the problem. But the next time that I connect to Android Auto without 4G, the message is back..

    Although it would be very nice bug to report, I'm unable to reproduce it.
    I have checked with 3.1.48 app, with 4G enabled/disabled, with no connectivity at all. App starts for me OK on the head unit.

    We need more concrete steps to reproduce it.

    My guess is that you probably tested this with a wired android auto connection, is that possible? I use it with wireless android auto. That means that when the error shows up, my 4G was disconnected, but my WiFi was connected to the car, without an Internet connection.
    Seems that TomTom just expects an Internet connection when WiFi or 4G is on. When those don't provide Internet, TomTom throws the subscription error. When neither are activated, TomTom knows not to expect an Internet connection and works as expected.
  • SialorSialor Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    In addition to the problem described above in this version, my GPS is turned off again when the phone screen is turned off. All settings are done when working in the background.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Tiguan 2020, AA 6.5.612134
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0