GO 5200 alters pre-planned route and adds long diversion — TomTom Community

GO 5200 alters pre-planned route and adds long diversion

I use my TomTom GO 5200 on my motorbike to follow routes I've planned on my computer. Something I've seen frequently is that if you stop while following a route and allow the TomTom to sleep, when it wakes it adds long and bizarre diversions to the route and then displays the original route as a shorter alternative route. Today it did this before I set off so I took a couple of photos on my phone to demonstrate the problem.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,072 [Exalted Pioneer]
    load route as track
  • tomtom_un14_03tomtom_un14_03 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    This doesn't explain why the route can change after the device wakes from a sleep.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,074
    Superusers
    Hi
    Two questions:
    1. Have you load a Route (send destination/Stops in MyDrive) or have you used a Track (stored in MyDrive and in your satnav with a dotted Arrow in front of the Route Name)
    2. After wakign up the device: Are you sure that the device did not want to guide you to the starting point of the tour, but to the nearest point (when using a track)?
    I prepare routes in My Drive on my PC and when saved select "Sync this route as a track with my devices". I then load the track on my TomTom.

I'm 100% sure it's not directing me to the nearest point because when it does it, I'm already on the track. It just adds a large, random detour, and it does it quite often considering how little I use the TomTom on my bike. If I'm just doing a circular route from home I know to ignore it, but on occasions when I've been touring it's disconcerting when the time to destination suddenly increases by up to an hour!

I've got a screen shot of the most recent time it did it, but I can't see how to add an attachment to these posts?
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,074
    Superusers
    So you can add a Pic/screenshot.
    tuazqri5yjb3.jpg
    l3zdr7yrxxyw.jpg
    mciaaw5kysxo.jpg
    The photos I took show the 27 min saving I could make by taking the alternative route. The "alternative" route is of course the original route without the spurious diversion!
    In the absence of a response here I opened a support ticket for this issue. In the end it seems it was a bug in the software requiring a new version of the TomTom software.