Why doesn’t TT remember view chose? — TomTom Community

Why doesn’t TT remember view chose?

TTuser44TTuser44 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
I prefer 3D view but everyone I get in my car and it connects on CarPlay, it goes to a (I’m my opinion) daft view of north heading so the icon is never pointing the way.

I chose 3D but then it resets to other view - why? Can I not chose and it keep that view? Seems an obvious thing to me. Surely the less interaction on a screen for distraction the better?

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,990
    Superusers
    edited June 26 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @AHunter3
    Maybe useful....
    The Tomtom navigation App behaves like the latest NAV4/5 (Wi-Fi) stand-alone PND devices... They are Map Centric (Tomtom Speak) Route planning has the highest priority... When the device starts-up or if the route is cleared, the device defaults to the 2D North-up overview planning map screen....

To change the Map view, tap on the direction of Travel Icon, above the Manual Zoom level + and - Signs
    To toggle between the North-up Overview Planning Map and the Driving Map view chosen in the Setting menus, i.e... 2D in direction of travel or 3D

mulqpd39pdff.jpg
    The direction of Travel Icon is thinner, more pointed in the 2D in direction of travel or 3D Driving view

i82ldz9u5cf1.png
    The sequence when tapping on the 'Direction of Travel Icon' as I see it... I'm driving using my chosen driving view in the Setting Menus...
    For me, 2D (In direction of Travel) + Zoom... Based on road type
    1st Tap --> North-up Overview planning Map
    2nd Tap --> 2D (Indirection of Travel) Max Zoom ???
    3rd Tap --> Return to my chosen driving view (2D (In direction of Travel)) Normal Zoom....

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,990
    Superusers
    edited June 26 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @AHunter3
    Maybe useful....
    The Tomtom navigation App behaves like the latest NAV4/5 (Wi-Fi) stand-alone PND devices... They are Map Centric (Tomtom Speak) Route planning has the highest priority... When the device starts-up or if the route is cleared, the device defaults to the 2D North-up overview planning map screen....

To change the Map view, tap on the direction of Travel Icon, above the Manual Zoom level + and - Signs
    To toggle between the North-up Overview Planning Map and the Driving Map view chosen in the Setting menus, i.e... 2D in direction of travel or 3D

mulqpd39pdff.jpg
    The direction of Travel Icon is thinner, more pointed in the 2D in direction of travel or 3D Driving view

i82ldz9u5cf1.png
    The sequence when tapping on the 'Direction of Travel Icon' as I see it... I'm driving using my chosen driving view in the Setting Menus...
    For me, 2D (In direction of Travel) + Zoom... Based on road type
    1st Tap --> North-up Overview planning Map
    2nd Tap --> 2D (Indirection of Travel) Max Zoom ???
    3rd Tap --> Return to my chosen driving view (2D (In direction of Travel)) Normal Zoom....

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM