Just under 1000 miles of trips on my go discover 7, notes to the developers — TomTom Community

Just under 1000 miles of trips on my go discover 7, notes to the developers

Mobile_chicaneMobile_chicane Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
So I’ve done a 500 mile Cornwall round trip and just over 450 work miles using my go discover 7.

Its quick to react and recalculate when i bypass or deviate from the route planned and the screen is a big improvement over my 6200.

Now the niggles:

No current time on the display and no option to add it in the menu system.

The volume output needs to be louder I have it set on max and it’s much quieter than my 6200 was.

Night / day screen option available on the main screen or the option to customise quick links accessed using the 3 dots at the bottom Rhs of the screen.

Speed cameras not showing on the side bar until they are 2-3 miles away.

The apparent In ability to remove the fuel price information from the side bar.

I’m hoping some if not all of these issues could be addressed with a firmware update.

Other new users please add your issues as I may have missed some.

Comments

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,062 [Exalted Pioneer]
    fuel price should be optional
  • bigbig Posts: 1,665
    Superuser
    Well, if you don't pay your annual subscription for fuel prices and speedcams you'll get your wish in a year.

I do think the prices clutter the display a bit and I don't find them too helpful since they don't appear until I'm quite close to the petrol station anyhow, so there is seldom opportunity for price comparison. It is mildly entertaining to see variations during a long drive though so I'd personally probably leave them on even if there was an option to turn them off. I like when things are optional.

Totally agree about the lack of the current time, it is dearly missed. Fine with me if TomTom wants to make it optional, but that is one thing I would leave on!

Definitely puzzled though about your low volume complaint. I find the Discover to be louder than the 620/6200 series. I'm pretty sure once I had low volume and a "drumroll reset" fixed it. (Hold the power button down for 20 seconds or so until the TomTom logo is shown and you hear a drumroll.) Probably worth a try.
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 675
    Superuser
    edited June 29
    Night / day screen option available on the main screen or the option to customise quick links accessed using the 3 dots at the bottom Rhs of the screen.

A massive '+1' on this from me!