Carminat Live Updates and Live Services — TomTom Community

Carminat Live Updates and Live Services

Paul_UPaul_U Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
I recently purchased a Renault Grand Scenic III (2013) with a built-in Carminat TomTom Live.
At first had the TomTom Home app install all Mapshare updates, but I am now considering buying the map updates, and perhaps the Live Services, which sound very appealing to me.
However, I am reading alot of topics on SIM cards being deactivated after 3 years of no active subsciption, and seeing responses by @VikramK and other operators that they can check if the SIM has been deactivated (or at least check for the subscription), so before buying a Live Services contract for a year or perhaps 3, I'd like to know before purchasing if the service can be used or not (the Carminat is registered to my account).

The other question I have is that of the map updates. With the TomTom Home app on my computer, I see a map update for either Europa (doesn't seem to fit on the 4GB card that's in my car) or Benelux (which is enough for me), but only single updates, while the webshop has a "1 year subscription" option with 4 mapupdates. Can I buy that one, as it is only € 5,- more than a single update, and use it in my TomTom Home?

Best Answer

• AngryBirdAngryBird Posts: 69 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Accepted Answer
    @Paul_U - yes you can buy map in the webshop and even use discounts in the webshop, just select your device during checkout (you need to make sure it is linked to your email already)

For Live Services Vikram will help to check but I am sure it is deactivated already

Answers

• AngryBirdAngryBird Posts: 69 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Accepted Answer
    @Paul_U - yes you can buy map in the webshop and even use discounts in the webshop, just select your device during checkout (you need to make sure it is linked to your email already)

For Live Services Vikram will help to check but I am sure it is deactivated already
  • Paul_UPaul_U Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 23
    @AngryBird : Thanks for the quick response.
    I'm afraid you're going to be right about the SIM being deactivated already, although the previous owner had alot of favourites stored in the navigation. But then again, the map installed is still the 2013 version, so you're probably right about the live services.

Little update: Just bought the map update, that worked exactly what you said.
  • Paul_UPaul_U Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @VikramK : Could you do your magic, and check if the device registered to my account, has a deactivated SIM or not?
    I noticed that there are 3 messages in the live services menu of the Carminat, so the services have been used, but I cannot find any information about when it was stopped.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,531 Moderator
    Hi Paul
    Yes, the device is now linked to your TomTom account.
    The previous subscription for LIVE Services ended in 2014, so the SIM should be deactivated.

Reference article

Thank you,
    Vikram