Issues with voice instructions working through Bluetooth — TomTom Community

Issues with voice instructions working through Bluetooth

JohnCowellJohnCowell Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have managed to get the instructions coming through the phone/AUX stereo options but tend to listen to the radio a lot. None of the pre-set audio source settings in the app work and I can only get instructions using the "notifications" channel that then plays through the phone handset rather than Bluetooth.
What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• irina-shkirina-shk Posts: 20
    Staff
    edited June 17
    Hi @JohnCowell :)
    I don't really get the conditions, can you explain more please? Do you connect to car head unit or listen to radio from your phone?
    What phone model do you have?
  • JohnCowellJohnCowell Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sorry! Slightly vague!
    I own a 2014 ford Mondeo with the Ford HS MCA2 stereo. I connect the phone to this via Bluetooth (Samsung S20+). When I have the radio on, the app will relay instructions but they don't come through the stereo unit at all
  • DunkelmannDunkelmann Posts: 25 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    edited June 23
    Sometimes the voice directions come from my phone and sometimes from the car speakers. Sometimes TT directions appear on my console (display between the rev counter and speedometer) in place of the car Sat Nav. Is there a way to connect that ensures both voice through the car and directions on the console?

What part does Bluetooth play in AA/TT Go?

This comment was moved from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 445
    Staff
    Dunkelmann wrote: »
    Sometimes the voice directions come from my phone and sometimes from the car speakers. Sometimes TT directions appear on my console (display between the rev counter and speedometer) in place of the car Sat Nav. Is there a way to connect that ensures both voice through the car and directions on the console?

What part does Bluetooth play in AA/TT Go?

Basically it should work fine while being connected to car head unit with USB cable.
    According to my knowledge, Android Auto uses BT while being connected to the head unit, but I don't know technical details.

May I ask for following info:
    • "Sometimes the voice directions come from my phone and sometimes from the car speakers" - do you recall any specific situation when this issue happened? For instance, was the app running only on the car head unit, or was it also running on the phone in the background?
    • "Sometimes TT directions appear on my console (display between the rev counter and speedometer) in place of the car Sat Nav" - any specific steps to reproduce this?
    • Please provide: Android version, Android Auto version, TT GO Nav version, phone model

Although it may sound funny, sometimes some issues may be observed if low quality USB cable is used.
  • DunkelmannDunkelmann Posts: 25 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    szachowa wrote: »
    • "Sometimes the voice directions come from my phone and sometimes from the car speakers" - do you recall any specific situation when this issue happened? For instance, was the app running only on the car head unit, or was it also running on the phone in the background?
    • "Sometimes TT directions appear on my console (display between the rev counter and speedometer) in place of the car Sat Nav" - any specific steps to reproduce this?
    • Please provide: Android version, Android Auto version, TT GO Nav version, phone model

Although it may sound funny, sometimes some issues may be observed if low quality USB cable is used.

I have a short high quality cable and a longer manufacturer's cable.

Realme 7 phone model RMX2155, UI v2, 6Gb RAM, Android 11
    TT v3.1.0 (4036)
    Android Auto v6.5.612134-release
    Head Unit SEAT Ateca Xperience December 2020

Voice instructions:  I suspect this may be because I have to run TT on my phone so that I can enter my journey details: destination and stops.  I then plug in my phone to the car.  I admit to being somewhat confused as to the "I am not driving" screen when I want to change things during the journey.  I appreciate some things can be changed in TTAA but the lack of congruence of functions/interface between it and the phone is confusing.

Binnacle instructions:  I have no idea what might enable this I am afraid.  I will see if there is a pattern.