AmiGO is way faster than Go — TomTom Community

AmiGO is way faster than Go

I've tested the new tomtom AmiGO app.

Is it just me or the new AmiGO app is a lot smoother on zooming in, out, panning, and even when the maps rotate while navigating?

Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• OceansieluOceansielu Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, it is. A lot smoother and mapshare reported changes are updated faster with Amigo than with Tomtom Go.

It is funny that the free app works better than the paid one...
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 134 [Exalted Navigator]
    I just don't understand from the beginning why there are 2 nav apps. You can build one app with free online navigation and put the offline maps, routebar, moving LG etc in premium option and ask for this the subscription money. Also there's more development time then because there is only one app. Also I think one app is a lower cost for the company.... now they create competition between there own apps.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 219 [Exalted Navigator]
    irina-shk wrote: »
    TomTom GO Navigation is designed to function as a TomTom Sat Nav. The app offers detailed offline maps (stored on the device), similar SatNav UI with Route Bar and Moving Lane Guidance, and supports Apple CarPlay. GO Navigation aims to provide a premium driving experience.
    AmiGO is an online-only navigation app with a focus on community reporting. AmiGO aims to provide TomTom Navigation to all.

This could be, but that doesn't explain why a free app outperforms a paid app where one doesn't seem to care to have a decent product.
    The numerous posts in the 3.1 thread says enough and there is still no update. Then I didn't say anything about the outdated map, where says that things are getting better with new map. But this promise has been heard for way too long.
    This is rather frustrating.
  • plaixonplaixon Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    irina-shk wrote: »
    TomTom GO Navigation is designed to function as a TomTom Sat Nav. The app offers detailed offline maps (stored on the device), similar SatNav UI with Route Bar and Moving Lane Guidance, and supports Apple CarPlay. GO Navigation aims to provide a premium driving experience.
    AmiGO is an online-only navigation app with a focus on community reporting. AmiGO aims to provide TomTom Navigation to all.
    But why are the features for reporting traffic jams and accidents only in AmiGO?
    In my opinion it would be beneficial for everyone to bring these features to GO.
    Primarily I'm a Waze User and I tried TomTom Go for a few weeks and it annoys me every time when there is something on the road that TomTom doesn't know and I can't do anything about it.
    And only GO has features like Offline Maps and other tools that would convince me to change to TomTom.
  • KarmannKarmann Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited August 1
    I also love the AmiGO app for the reasons mentioned above although for me, TomTom GO is the right choice for a number of reasons:

- With my mobile subscription I can use up to 30 Gb per month and I am a frequent listener of Deezer whose flac quality I really appreciate, even in the car. Using an online nav like AmiGO and Deezer running together would ruin my monthly plan through in 2 weeks.
    -In a heavily forested area and in cities with high and dense buildings, is having saved maps such as on the TomTom GO very important for a flawless navigation, at these locations a good GPS signal is sometimes strongly interrupted by the environment.
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 324 [Supreme Navigator]
    I have to agree the layout and performace of AmiGo for a free app is a lot better than GO itself, yes you need to be online, but I can't understand why half the features aren't in the paid app as well.
  • dpleechdpleech Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I agree Amigo is super smooth on my Galaxy S21 Ultra, and the voice is a lot better than Serena too. Why does the TomTom Go app still sound like my Sat Nav from 20 years ago?

Unfortunately Amigo is a real battery hog. With my phone connected to a 10W car charger Amigo loses over 20% battery per hour. With TomTom Go it actually charges the phone still.